Yek's presets for cover songs [updated: Oct 11 2023]

Rebel Rebel, by David Bowie

This is the re-recorded version on the Reality album, which has a different intro.
  • In the intro, dial back the gain using the pedal attached to the Volume block.
  • The intro has the specific delay of the re-recorded version (on the Reality album).
  • Push the 2nd expression pedal to kick a flanger. I use this at the end of each chorus (the pushed-up "G"on the low E-string).
  • Usual Pitch and oscillating Delay blocks.

View attachment 68488
So stocked to get an awesome Bowie preset!!!!

Highway to hell, by AC/DC
  • Using the "Solo Dallas Schaffer" trick here: two "Dynamics" compressors in series
  • Engaging the Filter boost in the solo
  • Usual Wah, Pitch (feedback), and oscillating Delay blocks

View attachment 68524
Hey Yek... This was a HUGE gift to everyone to post this. BIG THANKS....Question though - coming from the FM3 side of the house, I can’t get the ones I really want to play no matter what I do - especially this AC/DC one here. CPU is pretty low so I assume it has to do with the multiple amps? What I don’t understand is why I can’t kill 2 or 3 of the amps on the fly via FM3-edit so that I can just use one of your amps and make it play. Am I missing something? I should be able to selectively kill amps in the amp block to make Multi-amp AX3 Presets work... This has been a frustrating issue since the beginning of the FM3. Not your fault obviously- you make amazing creative and imaginative presets... I’m pretty happy I can at least get the organ to work in your 7 Nation Army Preset - JUST the organ though because the rest of it won’t work, but the organ is pretty cool nonetheless... I’d love to have access to the rest of the preset, but I digress... Thanks for your efforts here - maybe Fractal can figure out a way to make the FM3 more of a little brother to the AX3 than a distant cousin...

I use a single amp block in my presets, so that can't cause a problem when imported into the FM3.

The Pitch 2 block (simulated feedback), Drive 3/4 blocks and Delay 4 blocks (oscillating delay) are deleted when imported into the FM3, so you'll lose their functionality.

Yek, these are fun and impressive! Thanks for all you are sharing.

Just played No One Knows for a few minutes...changed the first pitch block to -4 virtual capo to play in org key w/o retuneing... wow that works well. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: yek
Thanks for posting these. Looks like you are diming the mids for the Marshall settings. Assume this helps to cut through the mix. Do you do this when playing through your physical cabs as well?

Thanks for posting these. Looks like you are diming the mids for the Marshall settings. Assume this helps to cut through the mix. Do you do this when playing through your physical cabs as well?

I use the same tone settings for FRFR and playing through a traditional cab.

Hope you guys are enjoying them. More to come...

I’m going to remove the presets from the posts and post them as a single zipped file. Easier to manage, also because I update stuff all the time.
This is such a gift Yek, very cool.

Wouldn't that zip mean users would have to download the whole thing every time there's changes, and figure out what files have changed? Separate files seems easier to me, unless I'm missing something. Or maybe Axe-Change? That'd be easier to find for people who don't know about this thread.

Personally I like the zip idea better. If you keep all of Yek's presets in one folder, then just delete the old files and repopulate the whole thing with the new zip file. And yes, it is very cool that such a super-user would be willing to share his presets. Lots to learn from him!

Tick Tick Boom, by The Hives

• Basic dirty tone with slapback delay. Use the pedal attached to the Volume block (External 5) to set the desired gain
  • Press a pedal attached to External 1, for a siren after the first chorus
  • The name of scene 2 is just a reminder to press a button attached to External 3 for oscillating echo in the breaks (“Boom!...”)
  • Switch scenes for a Synth sound in the bridge
  • Usual Pitch (feedback) and oscillating Delay blocks
P.S. If you don't have the pedals or switches, just switch the External parameter in the MIDI/Remote menu from 0% to 100% to hear what it does.

View attachment 68911

Seriously, that Synth Block is SOOO much fun!!! :D I might have to stick one in all of my presets!

Thank you for your top presets Yek! Brought my Strat back to life again!

Back
Top Bottom