Yek's presets for cover songs [updated: Oct 11 2023]

Disclaimer: if you try these presets, you may find that the sound doesn’t resemble the guitar sound on the original recording. Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.

Yek, you are TOO funny! Thanks for the posts, my friend — just what I needed for (another) Pandemic Weekend...

Cheers,
Bruce

Alexander, I so want to be you when I grow up! Thank you for continuing to share your amazing work – I learn something new from every post.

So I just noticed that the Reverb and Delay blocks on Row 3 in this patch (and in “Lithium”) are patched in a way I haven’t seen before (“side by side”). It looks like they both get their feeds from the GEQ block and both connect to Out 3 without connecting to each other. Is this patch arrangement functionally different from having the Delay block directly below the Reverb block and each patched From GEQ to Out3. What say you?

So I just noticed that the Reverb and Delay blocks on Row 3 in this patch (and in “Lithium”) are patched in a way I haven’t seen before (“side by side”). It looks like they both get their feeds from the GEQ block and both connect to Out 3 without connecting to each other. Is this patch arrangement functionally different from having the Delay block directly below the Reverb block and each patched From GEQ to Out3. What say you?

The result is the same. I use side-by-side when I want to avoid having too many rows.

Hi! I have installed these presets. But the cabs were not identified correctly (a link to some custom cabs is used).
Please tell me which cabs are suitable for these presets?
Thank you!

Updated the presets after having played a few gigs with them.

My current favorite IR is a mix I made of factory cabs Factory 2 #903 and #920.

So am I hearing it’s time to re-download/transfer to my AFX3?

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again — your skilz and generosity are a HUGE part of what make using FAS/RJM gear so very very cool!

Thanks for doing these, the EV 412 cab is great for FOH, never even considered it before. Really sits great. Shoulda known............

Wow! I spent the better part of this afternoon going through these awesome presets. I don't really play covers often, but there are so many great sounds and ideas in this treasure trove. Deeply appreciated Yek (on top of all the other great stuff you do for the community).

Deeply appreciate Yek's presets, awesome tune ... real gems.
Wish I have an opportunity to download presets for covering
Gary Moore, SRV and Jimi Hendrix type signature sounds.....

Back
Top Bottom