Yek's Preset Collection (v9.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To use 1 pedal to control something like speed in the chorus/flanger/and rotary . I think I could assign the speed of all three to the continuous controller and then when I switch between the effects It would control that particular effect .

Okay, that's something different. And not hard to do.

Let's say you've attached your expression pedal to External Controller 2.
Enter the Edit mode of an effect block in the preset. Go to the parameter you want to control, let's say Rate. Push Enter to open the modifier menu.
Set the Source parameter to External 2. Adjust other modifier parameters if desired (such as Min/Max, Damping).
Repeat this for the other effect blocks.
Now the pedal controls all those parameters at the same time.

This is exactly what I do to control the rate of Tremolo and Rotary, exept for using a switch instead of a pedal (switching between two fixed rates).
I call it my ALT switch because I use the same switch to alternate the Phaser and Chorus blocks between X and Y.

Okay, that's something different. And not hard to do.

Let's say you've attached your expression pedal to External Controller 2.
Enter the Edit mode of an effect block in the preset. Go to the parameter you want to control, let's say Rate. Push Enter to open the modifier menu.
Set the Source parameter to External 2. Adjust other modifier parameters if desired (such as Min/Max, Damping).
Repeat this for the other effect blocks.
Now the pedal controls all those parameters at the same time.

This is exactly what I do to control the rate of Tremolo and Rotary, exept for using a switch instead of a pedal (switching between two fixed rates).
I call it my ALT switch because I use the same switch to alternate the Phaser and Chorus blocks between X and Y.
Thank you for your help , Happy belated birthday

Thanks for the update . I didnt know there an option to change input impedance . Where is the option located ?. Its not the front panel input your refering to is it? Why set it to 1 Ohm .

Thanks for the update . I didnt know there an option to change input impedance . Where is the option located ?. Its not the front panel input your refering to is it? Why set it to 1 Ohm .

Input impedance - Axe-Fx II Wiki

Press Layout and scroll to the Gate page.

The Auto setting is useful for simulating the impedance load with stuff like a Fuzz box. I don't so I set it at a fixed value.
Also, setting it at a fixed value helps to decrease the audible "thump" when engaging the Wah block.
1 MOhm is the regular impedance of analog amp inputs so that's what I chose.

Last edited:
Hi YEK, great presets !!!
But I guess they would even sound better with your IR - so could you please post it, too? PLEAZZZZE

Hi YEK, great presets !!!
But I guess they would even sound better with your IR - so could you please post it, too? PLEAZZZZE

Can't do that. It's a mix of commercial IRs, so copyright applies.

To get close to its sound set the Cab block to Stereo and use the stock versions of both IRs mentioned in the OP.

Alex, can you clarify the new unlink otion in v7? I've never been sure from reading the release notes, how it differs from the existing unlink function. Do I still need to load your system backup to use the linked version of the blocks, or does the Axe somehow know what your global blocks looked like?

Pre-7.0 unlink works per block.

In 7 you can strip a preset from all global links with one command, while maintaining the (current) settings.
So you keep the sound, without needing the system data.

This command can be found in Utility.
The message in Recall about pressing Enter simply is the same as / shortcut to the one in Utility, AFAIK.

I get that in 7.0. there's an unlink function that works across an entire preset. What I don't get is how that lets me use your file with linked blocks without loading your system file, too.

If I load your linked-block file without loading your system file, I get your presets, except they refer to my globals, which will probably be different (correct?). If I then do the STRIP ALL GLOBAL DATA function, do the patches somehow revert to what your globals were set to? In other words, I thought you (uploader of the presets) had to do the unlink before you uploaded.

Sorry to be so thick; I'm just not getting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom