Yek's Preset Collection (v9.02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rig.jpg

Attachments

• rig.jpg
    rig.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 86
It looks great Yek: both the home/studio setup and also the car setup!
Damn that's the reason I had not buy a sport car..... I end up putting rack and pedalboard (PT Pro with MFC and 3 ME pedals) in the trunk and guitars on the back seats: and fortunately I'm a FRFR guy ;)

Reactions: yek
This is even more fun than upgrading to version 6! Plus the MFC upgrade too. Like when the Axe II arrived, only not having to open the boxes...

Which version of the presets did you download: With linked or with unlinked global blocks?

Hi yek! I dl'ed the linked version for reasons I can't remember lol. But because you asked, I dl'ed the normal one, and it worked. I'm a dummy, everything sounds awesome! Thanks a ton (and Rex as well!).

Nice work! I havent gotten that far, but I dont really need the whammy at this point. Yet another YEK thanks post. Loaded the lastest batch up the other day, and have since decided to pretty much mirror what yek is doing. Ordered up some EV speakers to handle the watts of the matrix 1K, and got a couple egnater 1x12 cabs. Should be here today-practice tomorrow. The slow/fast idea and the alt switch is really cool. I want to do that with all the mods on that row of buttons. That is all I really need.

What really messed me up-I hadnt worked with the mfc for ages-then set it up to work with the KPA. Then setting it back to axefx mode-major brain fart. Volume was working out of the gate-but I didnt want it to. And only on out1...so eventually I set out2 to the same CC and just went with that. But the 2.2 is on there, everything works like it should and except for adding some A/B stuff I should be good to go for practice.

Thanks again, Yek, for sharing your work. It is very appreciated-and has been for years now.

Reactions: yek
I have a TS808 OD block in most presets. Drive at 2.75, Tone 5.50 and Level at 8.
Very nice for adding mild dirt to clean tones, and clean enough to boost crunch and higher gain presets without getting too mushy.

For another flavor, try the Full OD drive model, based on the Fulltone Fulldrive. Drive at 0, Tone at 5 and Level at 9. Still has that Tubesceamer vibe, but way thicker, think Gary Moore ...
Great tips Yek. I tried the Full OD recommendation and I really ​like it. I'd have never thought to turn the drive all the way down on a Drive pedal. Nevertheless, it works. Can you give an explanation as to why? I'm curious.

I'd have never thought to turn the drive all the way down on a Drive pedal. Nevertheless, it works. Can you give an explanation as to why? I'm curious.
With the Drive all the way down, the drive pedal acts as an almost-clean boost to the amp sim. It makes the amp gainier without adding much distortion from the drive pedal.

+1 on the Full OD. It's thick and meaty, and one of my favorites.

With the Drive all the way down, the drive pedal acts as an almost-clean boost to the amp sim. It makes the amp gainier without adding much distortion from the drive pedal.

+1 on the Full OD. It's thick and meaty, and one of my favorites.

+1

@bjd:
It's an old rock trick. For example, if a real Recto sounds too bassy and undefined, people put a TS before it (no Drive, max Level). This gets ris of the overbearing low end, and tightens the tone.

Drive needs to be low to prevent too much gain stacking, which would make the tone mushy, dark and prone to feedback.

The Full OD is so thick that it also works with clean amps, for blues tones.

Hi

Im just getting started with my Axe FX II and these presets really help, thanks. I was wondering if you could give an example of specific songs (if you do covers of course) that you use the presets for? I play in a covers band doing rock and 70s, 80s and 90s classics. Which are your main presets and could you give some examples of songs/bands you use them on? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom