Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

1) To prevent accidentally plugging into the wrong I/O.

Awesome idea! I can that being very useful.

2) Eh, to read the time?

I am sorry if that was a silly question, I just thought it was very interesting to have a clock there.

I am sorry if that was a silly question, I just thought it was very interesting to have a clock there.

Back in "the day" ..., I used to strap an old Timex to my analog pedalboard. It helped us to keep time during the sets so we didn't run too far over .... A lot of the places we played were really militant about getting everyone out at "Bar Time" !

Stupid iRig 2 MIDI... The connection between the cable's mini DIN-connector and the unit is so flimsy. The connector can't be inserted firmly. Also, the cable itself is very vulnerable, I already went through two of them.

Got rid of it and I'm now using a Roland UM-One. Better!

@yek, first I want to thank you for all the work that you do for the community. I liberally steal many of your blocks for my own presets and am grateful for your generosity.

But... is there something wrong with the presets that just got updated? I downloaded the "All Sounds" file in the first thread and it looks like every amp used is a 59 Bassman with settings at their minimum values (see picture).
Capture.PNG

@yek, first I want to thank you for all the work that you do for the community. I liberally steal many of your blocks for my own presets and am grateful for your generosity.

But... is there something wrong with the presets that just got updated? I downloaded the "All Sounds" file in the first thread and it looks like every amp used is a 59 Bassman with settings at their minimum values (see picture).
View attachment 38957
You loaded up the presets that are based on global blocks, without installing yek's global blocks. Try every non-global presets. They'll work much better for you. :)

How do I know this? I've been there. ;)

Time to start begging FAS to do an XL to II convertor. I can see this becoming a big ass annoyance for those who can't afford to buy an XL (me being one of them!). Bad enough having the dodgy RJ-45 on the II and MFC! :(

Well there is Fractool by Al Grenadine! Seems to work fine.

Yek, thanks so much for sharing ... you've sometimes put up a donation link for a cause or charity you were interested in ... might consider doing that again, these are an awesome set of presets ... thanks ...

You loaded up the presets that are based on global blocks, without installing yek's global blocks. Try every non-global presets. They'll work much better for you. :)

Thanks, but I downloaded the version without global blocks (#2 in the first post, filename "Q702-PRESETS-NOGLOBALS"). I also downloaded just the Main preset (#1) and had the same thing happen.

So maybe Yek just forgot to make a non-global block version?

That's not it this time .... I loaded up the MAIN preset and it's the same way ....

If I had to guess, I'd say that yek downloaded them without un-linking the Global's ?

I'm an idiot. I unchecked the wrong checkbox in Axe-Edit's Preferences.
It's fixed now.

FWIW - I think the MAIN preset that is in the file by itself is still 'borked" ....

But the same preset in the "un-linked" bundle is fine ....

THANKS again for sharing, I could gig immediately with ANY of your presets !

Time to start begging FAS to do an XL to II convertor. I can see this becoming a big ass annoyance for those who can't afford to buy an XL (me being one of them!). Bad enough having the dodgy RJ-45 on the II and MFC! :(
Download Fractool; will instantly convert to your axel fx mark I. Works flawless.

Must say you have upped your game with the current update of these presets.....the untold hours you've spent correlating FAS /amp/drive info really shows here...thanks @yek

Reactions: yek
YEK, Thanks for your sharing your presets!! I downloaded the no global presets and it says that you are using stock cabs, but when i open the main, and the main crunch presets it shows an user CAB. Which stock cabs are you using for those presets? Thanks

I downloaded the no global presets and it says that you are using stock cabs, but when i open the main, and the main crunch presets it shows an user CAB. Which stock cabs are you using for those presets? Thanks
Which version of Axe-Fx do you have? The earlier versions don't have that many cabs, so Factory Cab 175 points to the user area instead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom