Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Thanks.

No plans yet, it's a lot of work, and currently I'm sticking to my Axe-Fx for live use.
Some can be converted, some can't.

EDIT: just use FracTool.

Last edited:
Yek, sorry if this has been asked before:
When using your CLR, where do you have the Preset Switch? Free Field, Tilt, or Backline?

With sadness I must announce that my relationship with Dirty Shirley had ended. It was good, very good, while it lasted. But in the end I could no longer hide my feelings for my old love, Ecstasy, which recently came to life again, after a long period of separation. The files (OP) will soon be updated to reflect this new phase in my life.

Hey Alexander,

Thanks!
Tried a lot of them today with the Fractool (as I have a AXEFX2MKii). They even sound very good with my guitar (not Fender) NI Komplete audio 6 and Sennheiser 595 (without tweakin) I'm sure when tweakin and on KRK Rokit 6SE it would even sound better ;) Will try both my strats as well soon!

Q1: are these all live (gigs/reheasal) presets and you have different ones for home?
Q2: Whats all the PEQ/GEQ for?

I use the presets at home and for gigs.
The only thing I adjust is the low cut and high cut in the Cab block, or Global EQ.

PEQ before the Amp block is my "Klon" emulation. Is not the same but it works well on lead tones or to add some body.

PEQ at the end is to boost the low mids when using FR monitors, to simulate a guitar cabinet.

GEQ before the Cab block is for soloing.

GEQ before the FXL block (n some presets) is to improve the sound of some stuff (acoustic, synths, etc.) through my guitar cabinet.

Thanks.
And home you mean small monitors (like KRK) or CLR type (big ones)?
And you gig also with FRFR (as I use EL34 stereo poweramp) and also to PA system?

Reason for asking: I struggle a lot with the following:
4 types of usage: 1. HOME usage playing trough monitors 2. HOME usage for In Da MIX or plain recording with DAW 3. LIVE with EL34 & 2x1912 stereo CABS) 4. LIVE with PA -> And i notice on all of the usage that whatever I do there is no one fit's all.

Today I'm quite happy with the usage 1 (HOME trough monitors) but as my EL34 will colour and also volume and CAB I never get the sound I made home. And visa versa (if I have a nice sound with EL34/CAB on high volume) it sounds crap back home ;)[/QUOTE]

I use my CLRs at home (on the floor) as monitors.

Live I mostly use a Matrix poweramp + 1x12 or 2x12.
Or sometimes my CLRs.

I never use a tube power amp.

If you need a single preset to go direct / FR (OUT1) as well as go to your tube power amp (OUT2), you need two paths, with two amp blocks, where one of the amp blocks has Supply SAG turned down ("P.A. off") and no cab block.

Files in OP updated.

I just downloaded the new Main file. Are you still using the Dirty Shirley on Scene 1 for cleans? I'm not sure if you still were or if this was something wonky that happened while converting with Fractool. You astound me with your ability to milk so much out of a single patch. Now comes the tricky part of integrating it with my LiquidFoot Mini.....it's days like this I really want the Mastermind GT. Someday......;)

I just downloaded the new Main file. Are you still using the Dirty Shirley on Scene 1 for cleans? I'm not sure if you still were or if this was something wonky that happened while converting with Fractool. You astound me with your ability to milk so much out of a single patch. Now comes the tricky part of integrating it with my LiquidFoot Mini.....it's days like this I really want the Mastermind GT. Someday......;)

See Post # 191 above .... ;)

I use an AirTurn PED (Bluetooth) to switch songs on my iPad, using BandHelper. Our singer does too, he uses ForScore I think.

At a gig last week both our iPads went crazy. Turning 3 pages at once instead of one etc.
Pairing the devices again didn't help. It may have been the venue, or someone messing with Bluetooth.

Don't want that happening again, it disturbed part of the gig.
So back to a hardwired connection.

I only need MIDI IN on my iPad because I always use my RJM floor controller to switch presets, not the other way around.

So it was a matter of connecting MIDI THRU on my Axe-Fx to the iPad, with iRig 2 as the MIDI Interface.

Then configuring the songs in BandHelper to respond to incoming Program Changes and it was done. More automation and one device less to press.

Technology is great.

Back
Top Bottom