Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Thanks. Yes, the Smallbox is not for everyone. It's kind of nasty. :)

Last edited:
Time to start begging FAS to do an XL to II convertor. I can see this becoming a big ass annoyance for those who can't afford to buy an XL (me being one of them!). Bad enough having the dodgy RJ-45 on the II and MFC! :(

When is someone with a Mark II and an XL going to be entrepreneurial and start downloading the XL presets, looking at the screenshots for each block and then entering the same data into a Mark II (thereby creating a similar Mark II preset) for fun and profit? If you charged $10 a month and had 200 subscribers for your service you could make some nice change to go toward new musical equipment. If you had 500 subscribers, ...well, you do the math. Correct me if this is not a possibility.

024: Filter >> Ring Mod.

Attachments

• filter rinfgmod.png
    filter rinfgmod.png
    55.9 KB · Views: 8
XL and XL+ presets cant load them to mkii....
do you still have a fx2 preset (old one)

note: should be possible to have blocks to mkii, but not presets
do not really see the benifits for that....

I think I've missed something. I used Axe Edit to import all presets 1 by one into my XL (from the zipfile with the global blocks included), in Preset manager. I used Fractal Bot to transfer the system file from the zip. But it seems like the Cab blocks all point to U0684: Empty.

I see that my MFC show the Axe FX name timeout, but I will probably figure that out. I'm more curious why the Cab block points to that U0684 location

That's the external IR I'm using.

I suspect that unlinking the global blocks causes this.
Just select stock cab 54.

XL and XL+ presets cant load them to mkii....
do you still have a fx2 preset (old one)

note: should be possible to have blocks to mkii, but not presets
do not really see the benifits for that....

No, I don't think I have the old ones I used on my Mark I. They wouldn't work well with current firmware anyway.

OK, thanks. Now I selected Stock cab 53 and all of the presets seems to have changed over to that one because of the global blocks. So now I can check them out.

Reactions: yek
In the clip below you hear various sound effects, created with the Axe-Fx. All presets are in my preset collection, see SIG.

Credit for most of these goes to former forum member Swedish Chef who created these years ago.
The intro to Running with the devil (slowed down car horns) was created by @Goldtop.

1 - Police siren

2 - Air raid alarm

3 - Motorcycle

4 - Storm and thunder

5 - Wind

6 - Birds

7 - Intro of Running with the devil

8 - Helicopter

9 - Sea

Yek,
Thanks for all the work you do! I have a couple of questions regarding your acoustic patch.
1. Since I don't run a regular cab, could I simply delete the fxl block and the associated GEQ?
2. There was a delay in time between importing the blocks and moving them around in the preset(running a MkI) so I forgot which was GEQ 1, 2 and 3. Is the one with the 8k and 16K at 12 the one that should have been in front of the fxl block or the one with 8k @6 and 16k @ 0? I think the 2nd one should have the 16K @ -12.
Thanks again!

Yek,
Thanks for all the work you do! I have a couple of questions regarding your acoustic patch.
1. Since I don't run a regular cab, could I simply delete the fxl block and the associated GEQ?
2. There was a delay in time between importing the blocks and moving them around in the preset(running a MkI) so I forgot which was GEQ 1, 2 and 3. Is the one with the 8k and 16K at 12 the one that should have been in front of the fxl block or the one with 8k @6 and 16k @ 0? I think the 2nd one should have the 16K @ -12.
Thanks again!

1) Yes.

2) GEQ with maxed 8K and 16K is the one before FXL.

Quick question/s for you Yek,

Is it worth converting your XL patches to AX8 and will they still function?

If not, are you planning on providing a set for the AX8 soon;)?

FWIW, I used your FW11 base presets for the Ultra. Of all the presets I've downloaded, yours were the ones that were the most usable in a live situation, in my opinion. So for that alone, I must say thanks.

Back
Top Bottom