Yek's preset collection (Q9.04, Axe-Fx II XL)

Thanks guys

How do you run the voicebox with your axefx or do you a/b it and run it separately into the pa
  • The MXR goes between guitar and input of Axe-Fx / AX8. Just like a regular effects pedal.
  • Tube from MXR goes up to microphone.
  • Microphone goes to FOH.
  • When I engage the MXR, the sound to the Axe-Fx/AX8 is cut off, and the guitar's direct signal flows into the tube.
  • I get my monitor signal from a floor wedge.
    • When using an FRFR monitor, or when not using a PA, I use a mic splitter (XLR > 2x XLR) to send signal to FOH as well to the 2nd input on my own FRFR monitor or into IN2 on my Axe-Fx/AX8.

Last edited:
P.S. The Uni-Vibe settings (PHASER block in Y state) aren't correct. For the moment just set Phaser mode to "Vibe".

Wow, lot of things be going on in this list since my last download a few years ago. The Phone sound is just that I was looking for to do the outtro of a new song to be mastered shortly (La rupture; about the hard separation with a phone..). Please don't claim any IP rights !
Thanks for your work.

Thanks Yek, your as generous as you are talented.

Really appreciate all the time and energy you've put into the wiki, your guides and the presets. They have been an incredible help to many, many fractal users like me. Your willingness to share your knowledge is what makes this community such a great thing to be apart of and a great place to learn. Thanks Brother...

Cheers,
~Locke

Thanks guys

Thanks
  • The MXR goes between guitar and input of Axe-Fx / AX8. Just like a regular effects pedal.
  • Tube from MXR goes up to microphone.
  • Microphone goes to FOH.
  • When I engage the MXR, the sound to the Axe-Fx/AX8 is cut off, and the guitar's direct signal flows into the tube.
  • I get my monitor signal from a floor wedge.
    • When using an FRFR monitor, or when not using a PA, I use a mic splitter (XLR > 2x XLR) to send signal to FOH as well to the 2nd input on my own FRFR monitor or into IN2 on my Axe-Fx/AX8.

We had our last gig of 2017 last night with our Thin Lizzy tribute Parris and Iron Maiden tribute Harris. Just before leaving for the gig I loaded Yeks' basic preset and tried it direct out at the soundcheck. Just to hear how it sounded. Awesome!! Made a quick copy and changed the driveblock, pitch- and delayblock for Harris into a ts808, harmonizer and digital mono and I was done. For Parris I left it as is. Only mostly used scenes 3 and 5 in both bands. Got a lot of compliments on my sound! Thanks Yek!! Happy New Year to you all!

Reactions: yek
Could someone explain to me what is the difference between the options 2 and 3? I'm not sure if I understand it.

Could someone explain to me what is the difference between the options 2 and 3? I'm not sure if I understand it.
Global blocks share settings among presets that have global blocks. i would just use option 2 if you don't understand them. they come in handy for presets that share the same Amp, for example, and you change the Treble in one, it will change in all linked Amp blocks.

Hi Yek,

I just try your preset collection, awesome! Congratulation for your beautiful work! I'm wondering if you could share also your file of your mastermind gt, so it would be compatible with mine. Thanks Yek!

Best regards,
Gaspi

Back
Top Bottom