Yeks preset collection and sound samples (Ultra)

In that case you can mix then in DAW.

Dang, Alex. Why did you have to go to Ownhammers? Really don't fancy digging the rabbit hole even deeper than it is already.

Well, TBH I've been sent to earth by Satan to create confusion and chaos. Words like Axe and Ownhammer sounded good in my ears, so I thought this was a good place to start.
:)

Well, TBH I've been sent to earth by Satan to create confusion and chaos. Words like Axe and Ownhammer sounded good in my ears, so I thought this was a good place to start.
:)

Its working.

I've been looking at that Ownhammer bundle...

Be gone, ye demon of the dark and wretched underbelly of chaotic timeconsumption! I exorcise thee in the name of blissful ignorance!

I’ve learned a lot recently from these patches and a lot my patches are now a hybrid of mine and yek's settings. So thanks very much to Yek for posting them. Your PEQ blocking technique has been very useful indeed :)

2 questions about the patches -

The patch levels were originally dialled in through my atomic reactor 112 18w. However I’ve just swapped over to an Atomic FR and all the patches were clipping quite a bit (I suspect it’s the volume difference between balanced/unbalanced)

I’ve been turning down the patches to get rid of the clipping – have got them sounding pretty good now. Haven’t got a gig for a while so won’t be able to balance them properly till then.

I noticed on the forum that Yek uses the amp level to control preset levels (not the mixer level) My question is – Is amp level the only parameter I need to adjust to get rid of the clipping? I’ve been experimenting with changes in – Mixer level, master volume and amp level etc. – just to see what happens really. As I said I’ve got rid of the clipping but would I be better just backing off amp level on every patch (as I don’t want to affect tone if I can help it – and I know changing parameters such as – master volume will change the tone) Plus just changing one parameter simplifies the whole operation.

Prior to learning the PEQ blocking technique. I was using the “tightening up the low end” trick from the wiki. My other question is – with these patches - does anyone implement this technique to control bass or would that be overkill on top of the blocking PEQ. I don’t seem to need the filter now I’ve got the blocking eq but haven’t tested them at a gig yet (although have played pretty loud in my house, as I'm sure my neighbours would testify :) I can create A/B patches to test at a soundcheck, but thought I'd try and get some opinions as to whether that would be a waste of time or not.

Thanks in advance.

Sorry that I forgot to answer your PM.

1) Amp Level suffices to solve/prevent output clipping.
2) The tight bass trick accomplishes something different than the PEQ. I don't use it, because I don't do a lot of palm muting stuff.

Last edited:
Sorry that I forgot to answer your PM.

1) Amp Level suffices to solve/prevent output clipping.
2) The tight bass trick accomplishes something different than the PEQ. I don't use it, because I don't do a lot of palm muting stuff.

Many thanks, Yek :)

I can confirm that Ownhammer IRs can be mixed using MixIR and converted using Albert's Converter. You need the Wav-files for this, not the .Syx files. So if you don't want to wait for the new Mix'n'Matches: DIY-time. :)

BTW, the presets in the OP are updated.

I can confirm that Ownhammer IRs can be mixed using MixIR and converted using Albert's Converter. You need the Wav-files for this, not the .Syx files. So if you don't want to wait for the new Mix'n'Matches: DIY-time. :)

BTW, the presets in the OP are updated.
In the presets, which model of each OwnHammer speaker are you using? Will we be seeing some OwnHammer recipes in the next update? 8)

Last edited:
Current Cabs

Just wanted to double check you're using in the latest March update:

1: None
2: OwnHammer_112_Boogafunk_12L_Mix-n-Match_5.syx
3: OwnHammer_112_Boogafunk_BLU_Mix-n-Match_5.syx
4: OwnHammer_412_SLM_M75_Mix-n-Match_5.syx
5: OwnHammer_412_SLM_V30-1_Mix-n-Match_5.syx
6: OwnHammer_412_Mesa_V30-1_Mix-n-Match_5.syx
7: OwnHammer_412_SLM_G12-65_Mix-n-Match_5.syx

Thanks for the update, and the ownhammer cabs are really great!

A M A Z I N G. I'll get to run through these before Sat. rehearsal. I really find them incredibly useful (fwiw, live I employ your Shiva and Uber). I have the 4x12 oh blues but heven't tried them. Thank you, Yek! And, it's reassuring to see your festive icon back in place... I know there's a man behind the curtain, but still fun to see - lol

Yeah I missed my party head. Charlie Sheen wannabe..... :)

Thanks so much Yek.

I just tried the Dumble Solo preset with the Ownhammer cab...OMFG! I am in serious heaven! Can't thank you enough!

I'm really taken back by how responsive it is to my pick. Incredible Tone from my 335!

Last edited:
Yesterday I took both my monitors with me and rehearsed in full stereo at full volume. Man, what a blast!
I know that stereo doesn't translate always well to the audience through a FOH. But for personal monitoring it's awesome.

Thanks for sharing the presets. It is clear that a lot of time and effort went into these so they are greatly appreciated.

Using them with studio monitors at the moment, but looking forward to cranking them when my KW122's arrive!

Hey Yek.
I like your presets. I use them all the time. Thanx for putting them up,for download
I bought me a Mfc-101. Got it to work
So tomorrow I will buy Mission pedals. Just 2 for now,maby one more later
And then I wondered what you use. Have read that you use 2 pedals.

Wah wah use (auto) (1 Pedal) spring
And another one, to other things (with Switch) no spring?

Would be happy if you could tell me what your pedals name. Then I know that stuff works.

What do you have?
The sp-1
The sp-2
The EP-1

I've got a SP-1, a SP-LG1 (which is a modificated SP-1), and SP-2.

I don't use the SP-2 at this time.

One SP-1 is for wah (auto-engage). Don't have a spring-loaded one, but it would be handy.

The other controls rotary/tremolo speed, or preset-specific things (whammy etc).

I got some PMs about Ownhammer IR details. These are my very subjective findings.

For recording and stuff a SM57/FatHead or SM57/FatHead/MA200 mix is great.

For playing live with FR-monitoring, I've found after experimenting that I prefer a SM57-4 by itself. The right amount of bite, treble and bass, no need for additional eq-ing (the mixes above need some shaving off highs and lows). One IR, easy.

But even better for live playing is the SM57/TC30 mix. The TC30 adds depth/3D/body to the tone IMHO. Combines bite and feel. It's a single IR in the latest Ownhammer releases, called Mix-n-Match 8. Check the 4x12 Blue and 4x12 H75 speaker sets.

There's no Mix-n-Match 8 for other speakers yet. However, I simply add a TC30 IR to other cabs (M75 etc.), using a stereo cab configuration. This works fine, until Ownhammer updates the existing speaker packages with the TC30 mic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom