Yeks preset collection and sound samples (Ultra)

Thanks Yek!

Great sounds, presets, help and work.

By the way: I do miss your old icon. I'm glad that I copied it in advance and use it on our band homepage (=> I hope that you don't mind!)so that I can look at it from time to time.

Martin

I miss the partyman too, my alter ego.
Go ahead, use it. I copied it too. ;)

Hi Yek, thanks for this! I have been adding your patches, but they don't really sound like yours and a lot of blocks are grayed out (mostly effects)? Excuse my ignorance, this is my first full day in Axe Edit. I downloaded the Ownhammer Collection, but have no idea how to implement it. I also have an EV-5 but have no idea how to connect it. Do I need another one to simulate what you're doing? The READ ME said to switch the amp to Brownface, but that was just the first patch, right? Stumbling, but grinning... Love the clean tones, but something is missing...

Thanks for the presets Yek. Been playing with the amp presets and enjoying them...Still a bit nervous about tweaking them until I can understand the whole concept better.

Can't wait for the Wiki to come back up...what a time to go down - the week that I get my Axe-Fx... :D

Very Cool indeed.... thanks for your sharing spirit and cool vibes... new to this forum and already the immense value here is amazing.

Do u pan the same cab with two different mic's hard left and hard right? Or do you ever pan them so they are mixed? I'm planning to upload your patches as a basis for my tweeting because I like your effects layout just wondering how you use the two different mic's?

I use the default panning (-24 / +25) of the stereo cab.
Sometimes I pan them "hard" (50 / 50), when I think I hear some "phasing" going on.

That's the 1x12 Blue. It came out first and I didn't bother trying the new one.
Although some users aren't too fond of that 1x12 Blue. Maybe I need to try the latest one.

I -REALY- like the "Lo-fi tone" - I hit that and had to stop and noodle around with it for a half hour. It's been saved into my favorites. Thanks!

Thanks, yek! Looking forward to checking them out :)

I have 4 stereo cabs that I use with the amps. Each stereo cab uses a FatHead_3 and a SM-57_4 IR of the same cab.
Cab types: EVM 12L (slots 1+2), Alnico Blue (3+4), Mesa V30 #1 (5+6) and Scumback M75 (7+8 ). EDIT: the Mesa V30 has replaced the SLM V30 in the meantime.
P.S. When Ownhammer releases new Mix-n-Match sets (as announced), I'm able to return to using mono cabs and will more cab choices available.

In the meantime, can't you just use the mixIR program? I can post it here as an attachment if you want.

I'm interested in the mixIR program. Does anyone know if the OwnHammer IRs are phase-aligned?

They are, but not with RWs or stocks.

Been a while since I messed with MixIr.
Would it work? The OHs are not exactly 1024 points...

MixIR needs wav files, so you'd have to buy those from OwnHammer in addition to (or instead of) the syx files.

MixIR needs wav files, so you'd have to buy those from OwnHammer in addition to (or instead of) the syx files.

Ah, I assumed that you could download both filetypes after buying them - as you can with the Redwirez. Strange..

Last edited:
In that case you can mix then in DAW.

Dang, Alex. Why did you have to go to Ownhammers? Really don't fancy digging the rabbit hole even deeper than it is already.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom