• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Yek's Organ (preset)

yek

Legend!
Attached is a preset dedicated to simulating an organ. I love its sound, by its own or to support the guitar part.

5 scenes have been programmed, alternating between fast and slow rotary, clean and dirty.

I use the combination of blocks which make up the organ in quite a few presets when gigging. Part of it is based on a preset by M@ (I think), mixed with my own stuff.

Have fun.

Attachments

• Yek's Organ.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 633

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
Very cool thank you!
Pauly

Attached is a preset dedicated to simulating an organ. I love its sound, by its own or to support the guitar part.

5 scenes have been programmed, alternating between fast and slow rotary, clean and dirty.

I use the combination of blocks which make up the organ in quite a few presets when gigging. Part of it is based on a preset by M@, mixed with my own stuff.

Have fun.

fractalz

Power User
Inspired by Yek, I played with creating my own organ patch. What do I know about organs? Nothing until I read this series:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/synthesizing-tonewheel-organs-part-1

The organ consists of 2 quad pitch shifters plus the "unison" sound of your guitar to simulate the 9 drawbars of a B3 organ.

The first pitch shifter generates an octave below, a fifth above, an octave above, and an octave+fifth above. It also passes through the "unison" signal by having a mix less than 100%.

The octave above is panned hard to one side and fed to another pitch shifter which adds the upper register voices.

A volume block after the first pitch shifter brings the two hard-panned sets of voices back together (so, a total of 5 emerge from the first pitch shifter) and things are all summed and thrown through some self explanatory blocks.

The first 4 scenes attempt to implement the drawbar settings outlined here:

https://www.keyboardmag.com/lessons/mike-finnigan-my-favorite-organ-settings

Scene 5 illustrates the filter problem / wish I posted earlier this evening.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Fractalz Organicz.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 188
Top Bottom