Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio DRIVE Models [final ed. July 2022]

@yek

So odd that I woke up this morning thinking “I always use amp distortion, I have never tried a clean amp as a pedal platform” and bam, quality drives!

Cheers dude

Reading thru the guide updates this morning - can't get over the incredible attention to detail - what an excellent resource. A huge amount of work has obviously been put into it - very much appreciated Yek.

I'm hoping for CNFB to be implemented in the Drive models, so the CPU chart in the guide can be updated.
I'm pretty sure we're going to see CNFB affecting other models, just like Cygnus did. It's going to be interesting to see where and how CNFB finds additional uses.

Not me toying with sample rate in an existing preset after reading some of the guide and enjoying the not-guitar-not-abrasive sound I suddenly have. Thanks!

As a guy whose pedal knowledge is pretty much confined to owning a Metal Zone back in the day many years ago this guide has proven itself to be both a very interesting read, and an indispensable resource when trying to expand my tonal variety with the FM3. To quote J. D. Salinger (among others, I guess?), Yek, you're a gentleman and a scholar, and I appreciate the work you've put into this. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom