Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio DRIVE Models [final ed. July 2022]

Previously buried in the Axe-Fx II forum section, and now introduced here:

Yek's Guide to the Fractal Audio Drive Models
The guide (PDF) describes all Drive types in depth.

Note: Fractal Audio's modeling of drives has been improved in firmware Ares 3.02 and later for the Axe-Fx III, changing gain, output level, characteristics and tone. Tips and information for the current firmware for the Axe-Fx III may not apply to the Drive types in earlier firmware, including the AX8, FX8 and Axe-Fx II. Therefore, the guide for older firmware is still available separately.

View attachment 71902
Thank you so much for this Yek!

@yek, Yek, I just read from cover to cover. When I got my first Axe FX II (maybe 2016?), I loved the amp modeling, in fact I felt there was more than I could ever need. But as a Drive pedal addict of many years, I didn't feel there were enough models, and more importantly, they could have sounded/felt a bit more like the pedals they represented. Amp models have moved on quite a bit, IR quality has moved on a lot, but v13 drives are a step change again, the Drive block models are quite amazing.

Thanks so much for the full explanations of everything available. You have been a consistently great provider of very good and useful information throughout my Fractal journey. It is appreciated.

Liam

Reactions: Rex
Echoing thanks here as well! I absolutely love having this and the amp model guide. I refer back to them constantly.

Updated with information about recently added models (DS-1, TS9DX, 1981 DRV) and a bit more.

Tip: the MCMLXXXI actually is a really nice model.
thanks for all the effort that goes into keeping all of us updated. be well, happy holidays 🙏

Back
Top Bottom