Yek's amp guide questions

Kelleys Heroes

Experienced
I spent some time reading through this guide last night. Aside from the very practical insights into how to use the actual FAS models, it was perhaps the most I have learned about amps in a single sitting. I can't wait to really dig into some of these models on my new Axe 3!

A few questions:

Is the April 2017 version the latest, and are the models all still applicable to the Axe 3?

I'm a bit confused as to the cab information, and what is the best starting point. Each amp lists "Cab/speaker" and "Stock cab". The Cab/Speaker often references an IR, which links to the 3rd party cabs on the Fractal website (but only brings you to the main page); does that mean that this cab or IR is not included in the stock cabs/presets? Does "Stock cab" just mean which group of cabs were used to create the amp mod, or are these the recommended ones closest to the originals?

I'm good with auditioning various cabs to dial in my preferred sounds, but I always want to start at some kind of baseline, closest to how the amp mod was intended. How do most folks use as a starting point?

Thanks.

I've updated the Drives guide a couple of months ago.

An update of the Amps guide is on my list and I've gathered a lot of additional info to process. It's a major undertaking though. We'll see.

Everything is still applicable to the III.

Cab/speaker refers to the original "real" cab/speaker. Where "stock cab" refers to the built-in IRs in the device's firmware, which match the real speaker the closest.

Cab/speaker refers to the original "real" cab/speaker. Where "stock cab" refers to the built-in IRs in the device's firmware, which match the real speaker the closest.

Thanks for the info, does this mean that for each existing preset, the stock cab is used in conjunction with the corresponding amp? For instance, when I check out the Deluxe Verb (#003 preset), I see two different 1X12 cabs blended in for the main sound. Does this mean that the 1X12 Deluxe Verb is the stock cab, and the two specific IRs blended in just being the specific versions of the cab that best represented the original speakers (aurally, to whoever created the preset)?

Back
Top Bottom