Yamaha Variax standard

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone tried these? I have just ordered one. I wanted to try variax for a long time, but there were always reports of unreliability with JTVs. Variax Standard reviews looks more positive. Looks like they are using Yamaha Pacifica guitar template, that has a pretty comfy neck, So im looking forward to try one.

I've just bought a JTV 59
Because of the different tunings on board, w/o needing other line6 gear.
So I can play directly to my Axe Fx.

Not sure if the Variax Standard als can do the different models and tunings w/o L6 gear. If you're looking for that road, better doublecheck.
1 st impression of my JTV is good.
Need adjustment to my taste. Tonight 1st time bringing it to the bandrehearsals.
So cannot say how it will last. Have read some good reviews about it tho.

I own a Variax JTV 89. Love it. The accoustic sims need tweaking for the live use. But it is an easy task. Great neck on the guitar. I use Fremen's accoustic patches with my Variax JTV 89. BTW it is also a nice guitar for the rock player. Never had an issue with it.

No. I mean a present tweaking. Lower the bass a bit depending on the room. You know FOH and FRFR have different behaviours. I forgot to mention that I got a used JTV.

If they use the Pacifica template now, better not order one with a white pickguard, because those tend to get a nasty yellowish tone after 3 years. Or at least be prepared to replace it if you like your guitars to look "as new".

If they use the Pacifica template now, better not order one with a white pickguard, because those tend to get a nasty yellowish tone after 3 years. Or at least be prepared to replace it if you like your guitars to look "as new".
More yellow= more vintage= more cool :D
i ordered a black one, cannot wait until it arrives.
It has all the same features as JTV, just a different budy and neck. If it does what it is supposed to do it should suit me very well. Perfect for cover gigs and also for studio .

Are those Variax guitar built in Japan or Indonesia/China? They might still be good but Japanese built guitars are top-notch with all the details.

I have not heard of any reliability issues but that doesn't mean there are any. I have a JTV59 I bought used for $500 and so far it a great guitar, plays nice the mag pups aren't to bad and the sims are pretty cool especially the acoustics. With they had a Nylon string sim that would round out the utility knife pretty good.

The JTV I have says it's built in Korea, fit and finish are not too shabby and for $500 it plays very good. The main beef I have is with the batteries used. The are proprietary so you have to buy them from Line 6 @ $49 a hit. I have tried to use the Sony equivalent with no success.

Are those Variax guitar built in Japan or Indonesia/China? They might still be good but Japanese built guitars are top-notch with all the details.
Korea

And tonight was my first rehearsal with the JTV 59.
Well, this will be my second guitar on stage for sure.
Magnetic pickups are very well. Together with the Axe they sound great. Also the harmonics jump from the fretboard.

Our singer loves it already that we can switch tunings in a sec. This is so easy.
Nothing compares to my Gibson, that's for sure. But am happy to have this one for different tunings and a great backup guitar.

I did this short idea awhile back when I got my JTV-59
pretty versatile.
looks like the prices on all the non-USA made Variax's have dropped considerably.

just a short little clip of an idea when trying out 1 of the 12-string acoustic guitars in my JTV-59 Variax. I'm pretty sure I used a different tuning.
Also can't remember which patch from the Axe FX II I used either...
Oh well, maybe it'll come back to me again someday.

JTV59 owner here, you will love the versatility of switching tuning and guitar styles. The only ones I feel are just ok are the strat tones but I have a strat. It really shines on acoustic especially if you play through a lot of effects, at the price they're selling for you will not be disappointed. I only play at home so can't speak for gig worthiness...

Hey Variax owners i need your help.
I got my Variax standard and there is an issue.
I get a white noise hiss when the battery is inserted. It gets worse with distortion. you can hear it on both: magnetics and modeling pickups . If the battery is removed - the hiss goes away from magnetics.

Can you please check if its the same on your guitar? Or i have a faulty Variax?

I do not have that issue otherwise I would have sent it back to the guy I bought it from. I would venture to say you have a problem with the guitar and I would contact the place you bought it from.

Back
Top Bottom