Yamaha SPX 90 Symphonic Sound?

Isn't that a Kemper in the left background starting at the 3:33 mark?
KEMPER_zpsioaqsalr.jpg

Last edited:
I would think between the chorus block, pitch block, enhancer block, and maybe the delay block you should be able to dial in something quite similar to that 80's SPX chorus effect

I would think between the chorus block, pitch block, enhancer block, and maybe the delay block you should be able to dial in something quite similar to that 80's SPX chorus effect

Thanks! I figured it was going to be something as involved as that. :(

Last edited:
Another point of reference. The Yamaha PSX90 Symphonic should be an effect within the Axe-Fx. Not only does this apply the early Zakk stuff, but I could see this applied to Alice in Chains Facelift (It Ain't Like That) and other great stuff!

NECRO-BUMP!!!!

I know that our AF2’s are no longer getting updates but it would be great if we could figure out how to recreate this “Grail-Tone”.

I know I am not good enough to do this.

is it anything other than micro pitch shift? (use the detune pitch block at 50% mix with some detune up one side and down the other.)

if someone could actually find out what's involved with the original patch, it should be easy to replicate

I remember loving the Yamaha 'Pitch C' effect in one of their cheaper boxes, the GEP-50. I wonder if it is similar....

My understanding from reading up on that preset is there’s a lot going on with it.

The 2 things I’ve heard from it that I really like is the No Rest for the Wicked album, and a video with Rick Beato where he shows what in can do for a rock bass tone.

From what I’ve heard, I really like the effect when it’s just barely blended. I know it’s heavy in the processing but the vibrato seems to not be so much you get sea sick.

Back
Top Bottom