Yamaha MD-BT01 A+++++

Tom Morris

Power User
Just wanted to say that this $50 device is great. It always makes me happy to have less cables to have to mess around with. I bought this to use with FracPad on an iPad so I didn't have to use a couple adapters and 2 cables for midi. After getting that all set up and doing the happy dance I wonder'd if it would work with axe edit on my Mac. Sure enough after a short web search how to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 with Mac OS X I fired up Axe Edit and BAM it just saw the interface and used it. The plus for me is being able to edit the XL+ without any USB lag when switching scene's using the MFC101 foot controller. Just awesome!

Just wanted to say that this $50 device is great. It always makes me happy to have less cables to have to mess around with. I bought this to use with FracPad on an iPad so I didn't have to use a couple adapters and 2 cables for midi. After getting that all set up and doing the happy dance I wonder'd if it would work with axe edit on my Mac. Sure enough after a short web search how to use the Yamaha MD-BT01 with Mac OS X I fired up Axe Edit and BAM it just saw the interface and used it. The plus for me is being able to edit the XL+ without any USB lag when switching scene's using the MFC101 foot controller. Just awesome!
I just got mine today I was also hoping to use it with Ax Edit as well. Is there anything I need to do , other than turning on the XL+ then open up Ax Edit Does Ax Edit recconize the Ax Fx Thanks Jack

I just got mine today I was also hoping to use it with Ax Edit as well. Is there anything I need to do , other than turning on the XL+ then open up Ax Edit Does Ax Edit recconize the Ax Fx Thanks Jack

Congrats Jack. I’m guessing you on a Mac? If so you need to open the audio midi app in utilities first and add the yahmaha device after that you’ll be able to select it in the connections in axe edit. Sorry I’m not much help at the moment I’m not in front of my machine. If you have trouble hit me up later.

It’s kind of slow on the one iMac I’m using it with but it does work. It’s a 2013 2.9 i5 21.5” so it’s no screamer but I like the screen size over a laptop.

Hey Tom thanks for your reply
I am on a Mac mini Tom the Yamaha isnt showing up in the add device just the Ax fx

Last edited:
Hey Tom I got it going thanks a million. Yamaha had a good step by step on how to set it up as well
https://www.yamahasynth.com/resources/md-ud-bt01-for-mac-os
once again Appreciate it Tom
Sweet! I figured iI would try and figure out how I had done it before so I deleted the Bluetooth connection for the Yamaha figured I would just add it back. However im running a 10.13 beta of OS X High Sierra and I had an old driver for an M-Audio interface installed. Audio midi setup app was balking about having an incomparable driver installed and wouldn't let me add the yamaha after clicking the the bluetooth icon in the Midi Studio window. Finally found the drive and removed it (I also found that yamaha web page) then I was able to scan for the adapter and add it back again no problem. Glad you got it working. Do you find overall performance to be a lot slower with the BT adapter than using USB?

it wasn't that bad at all , everything loaded pretty quick , just took a little time when i first launched Ax edit . over all real pleased with it
I usually sit in my living room to work on presets with ax edit , so having no usb cable laying across the floor is nice lol
I just got the Austin Buddy naked tone pack , they are awesome . you have been so helpful thanks

it wasn't that bad at all , everything loaded pretty quick , just took a little time when i first launched Ax edit . over all real pleased with it
I usually sit in my living room to work on presets with ax edit , so having no usb cable laying across the floor is nice lol
I just got the Austin Buddy naked tone pack , they are awesome . you have been so helpful thanks

Good deal. Love when stuff works.

Back
Top Bottom