Yamaha HS80M and AXEII query... Help a brother out please.

Not likely, as I thought he said it sounds fine with headphones plugged in. I agree with others that it has to be the cables. I use my Axe II with HS-80's via balanced XLR cables and never experienced this issue.

I wish it was! Thanks for the reply. I have my ISP decimate in front of my axe to kill the amp sounds if I don't like them. I'm going to grab some XLR cable tonight and give it a shot. Ill let you guys know if I have succeeded. Thanks again everyone.

YES! It all worked now that I'm using the XLR cables so thanks everyone who tried to help a noob out. Anyone with experience with monitors and axe fx i have a question. Do you guys set your monitors about half then use the output on the front of your axe to bring the volume up? this is what i thought i should do but the output level volume knob on the front of the axe seems kind of touchy and i don't want to accidentally feed a shitload of volume into my monitors and blow them up. I could turn down the monitors but I'm pretty sure i read somewhere they should be set at half. Thanks again guys

Glad it worked!
I don't think you'll have a problem by setting your monitors' volume lower, but keep in mind, that even if you do that, if you are careless with the Axe's volume knob, you would still clip the monitors' input (thus distortion etc).
So, I'd say the best thing to do, is to set your monitors in a way that they can go up and down volume-wise (so about halfway) and then use the Axe's volume to control the dbs and just try to be carefull with that knob (although with a guitar plugged in, it's not that easy to accidentally turn the knob).
Personally, it has never happened to me (accidentally turning the knob to dangerous levels), so I guess it would be ok?

Glad it worked!
I don't think you'll have a problem by setting your monitors' volume lower, but keep in mind, that even if you do that, if you are careless with the Axe's volume knob, you would still clip the monitors' input (thus distortion etc).
So, I'd say the best thing to do, is to set your monitors in a way that they can go up and down volume-wise (so about halfway) and then use the Axe's volume to control the dbs and just try to be carefull with that knob (although with a guitar plugged in, it's not that easy to accidentally turn the knob).
Personally, it has never happened to me (accidentally turning the knob to dangerous levels), so I guess it would be ok?

I think thats a good idea. ill just lower the volume slightly on my monitors and all will be well. I was just stressing because its all new gear but i think it will be fine now. Once again though i appreciate your help even though it probably seemed like a minor issue, i can sleep easy tonight haha!

What you can do is to max you Axe volum, up the monitor level till your get where you want it at max.

I have them halfway up though. Works like a charm :)

Set the monitors master level to noon, use balanced cables. Should do the trick. I'm using the same ones.

Check out my video showing how to hook up to PA style gear, including powered monitors like yours. Maxing out your axe volume might clip your speaker inputs, so I don't recommend that, unless you know for a fact you aren't clipping anything.

You may also want to watch my Input Levels and Preventing clipping vids.

Link to my blog is below in my signature.

Back
Top Bottom