Yamaha HS8 Users: How do you like it with Axe?

DieHon

Self explanatory title.

I have some options: buying 2 Yamaha HS8 or 1 QSC K12. The QSC is to much power for my needs, but in my view it would reproduce the Axe's qualities better (i.e bass frequencies).

What about the HS8? I have a roland cm30 and the sound is thin. I'm afraid I will experience the same sensation with the HS8. The stereo image is temptating though.

How do you like their bass response? Do they really feel like a guitar + amp?
They don't.
They feel like a guitar + amp + cab + mic.

Otherwise, they sound great.
About bass response: I am not the best person to ask about that, since I prefer an additional subwoofer (in studio environment) to have the "proper" bass response (especially for 412 rumbling)

Try Neuman KH 120 A. Yamaha's are huge. If I had a big studio, I would have both but for an Apartment, Neuman all the way. My mixes sound AWESOME :)

I have them and a pair of DXR12s. When I want to really play and feel the air moving, I have to use the DXRs. If I were you, I would go for the QSCs

I can't hear much under 60 hz through mine. However I don't have the room to set them up right.
They need to be setup away from walls and your room needs to be sound treated.
Other than that, they're super clear and reveal almost every mixing/performance mistakes you may make.

Back
Top Bottom