Yamaha FC7 Pedal issues?

terrell

I have several of these Yamaha FC7 Expression Pedals that I've tried :?

Problem is that they seem to reach maximum at 1/3. This is plugged directly into the AxeFX2.

I've calibrated the pedals repeatedly using the i/o pedals menu.

I'm on the latest firmware.

Does anyone else see this issue? Is there a specific pedal I must use? Is there a favorite out there?

Hi I use several of those pedals and love them.....
there is a spring setting that may keep you from going all the way down but you would probably feel it....
also they have 2 positions, for sitting and standing....check how your cable goes out from the pedal body
mine always worked right with the axe directly but to make them work with the GCP I had to swap tip and ring on the jacks

Thanks for replying!

I know the spring setting and the two position mounting. Sit or stand, black rubber and built like a brick poo house, that's why I like them so much and have 5 laying around!

The AxeFx2 is at 100% at just about 1/3 the total throw of pedal.

So you know first hand that these have worked on an AxFx2?

What's a GCP?

yes they sure work......
did you calibrate the pedal with the axe? in I/O -pedal tab and pedal cal (enter)
the GCP is the ground control pro foot controller from Voodoo lab

Are you plugging it straight in the Axe Fx or via an MFC? If the latter, you need to calibrate it in the MFC, not the Axe Fx.

I have a Yamaha FC7, too, and its wiring is not compatible to the Axe-Fx.
I can't remember if it's wiper-to-ring or wiper-to-tip which the Axe-Fx needs, but the Yamaha is opposite. Boss expression pedals are compatible, for example.

Solution 1: connect the pedal to your midi controller, if it works with that wiring; most controllers can be configured to work with either wiring.
Solution 2: manually swap the wiring, i.e., resolder the plug.

It works fine here directly on the axe (that is how I used it before on travel)
you can swap the wiring in the pedal if you have to , just undo the body, remove the pivot big screw, the body opens and you swap the red and white wire on the pot.....

I have a Yamaha FC7, too, and its wiring is not compatible to the Axe-Fx.
I can't remember if it's wiper-to-ring or wiper-to-tip which the Axe-Fx needs, but the Yamaha is opposite. Boss expression pedals are compatible, for example.

Solution 1: connect the pedal to your midi controller, if it works with that wiring; most controllers can be configured to work with either wiring.
Solution 2: manually swap the wiring, i.e., resolder the plug.

Oh Wow! Ok Tip to ring or ring to ring?

I am having problem trying to use Yamaha FC7 as Wah Wah.

It only seems to work as volume controller.

People have mentioned that ring and tip wires need to be resoldered.

I am reluctant to do this as the pedal is brand new.

Is there not some global parameter with MC101 and Axe FXII that can swap the inputs to tip and ring via software?

I thought this Wah Wah was working before I did the upgrade to Quantum, maybe I was mistaken?

Any ideas folks, or do I have to go buy a different foot control / expression pedal?

Thanks,

Dave.

build an adapter (3 cond. 1/4" jack to 3 cond. 1/4" plug) for your FC7

This. If you can't solder, you can make a ghetto adapter by combining a couple of pre-made adapters. You'll need a female TRS to dual male TS adapter and a dual female TS to male TRS adapter. The TS ends are usually color coded one red and one white or black. Connect the mono ends up red to white/black to reverse the polarity.

Like these:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP136
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/YPP117

If you can solder, Fractal compatible expression pedal wiring should be: lug 1 to sleeve, lug 2 to tip, and lug 3 to ring. With the pot back facing you (shaft pointed away) and the lugs pointing up, the lugs are numbered 1, 2 and 3 from left to right.

Last edited:
I have several of these Yamaha FC7 Expression Pedals that I've tried :?

Problem is that they seem to reach maximum at 1/3. This is plugged directly into the AxeFX2.

I've calibrated the pedals repeatedly using the i/o pedals menu.

I'm on the latest firmware.

Does anyone else see this issue? Is there a specific pedal I must use? Is there a favorite out there?
I think these pedals plain wear out after being thrown around with cords in bags etc....I have and use 2 live with my keyboards. I have one that just quit after about 8 years or more. I think they perform best with YAMAHA products. I am a YAMAHA products user : old mm6, Moxf8, I also have a CME Controller, Hammond B3 and-a 122 Leslie, and a YAMAHA 5ft Baby Grand. For what these pedals do, they are a bargain. They work well with keyboards.

Back
Top Bottom