YAMAHA DXR10

Cool, thx. I may look into one of these since I can prob find one locally and return it if I don’t care for it. Atomic and Xitone are stretch since I can’t hear them first (and $$$).

No problem... Try Guitar Center, they were having a sale when I got mine a few weeks ago $550 was the price. Plus they have the easy return policy. I have a feeling you won't be disappointed with the DXR. The next ones I want to try are the Atomic CLR's you mentioned

Yeah, Atomic seem to be the ones to get but it seems like they’re rarely available. I had some emails with the guy from Xitone and he seems very responsive and passionate about his product. I’m thinking those are probably right up there with the Atomic CLR.

Yeah everything I've read points to both being great options. I'm really happy with my ASC and DXR combination but I'd still like to try the CLR and the Xitone.

I had the opportunity to listen to the DXR 10 recently.

Real loud, full-featured, very manageable and portable. Great sound, although slightly nasal when compared one-to-one to the CLRs.

I had the opportunity to listen to the DXR 10 recently.

Real loud, full-featured, very manageable and portable. Great sound, although slightly nasal when compared one-to-one to the CLRs.
Which one is louder.. the CLR or DXR?

~ss

Hi guys, what is the input you choose in your Yamaha DXR10 when plug your guitar? XLR (MIC or Line)? or 1/4 Mono Line? And what is your setting on level knob (dB)?

yamaha-dxr10-.jpg

I use input 2 and set the knob about where that picture is set. As someone said these things are LOUD.I run my Axe-FX volume around 10-11 o'clock. I've had my DXR-10 for 3 years or so now, and it's been solid from day one. Great balance of weight vs power.

I normally use a Mattix GTX1000 and the speakers in Combo amps at the venues for Cabs.

With some bigger gigs possible now would it be a good option to get the Yamaha DXR-10 and use Cab sims ON in my AX8.

I’m thinking this would allow me to use OUT1 to the DXR with AMP & CAB ON as well as take OUT 2 to FOH/PA without having to worry about FX LOOPs or seperate presets for Pwr Amp/Cabinet setup and PA set up.

Also I just missed out on a Matrx FR12 used that was for sale. How does this compare to the Yamaha ?

Thanks

I’ve been touting the quality and sound of the DXR112 for years. They are a very versatile monitor/pa speaker with lots of mixing options on the back and plenty of volume. The DXR12 has a nice thick and punchy low mid. Never tried the 10’s but imagine they would be great as the the 12’s can sometimes come across a little too full on the bottom. I think Spinal Tap worte about them years ago with Fat Bottom Girls.

The other think I wanted to add is that Yamaha’s warranty service is freaking unbelievable! I think it’s 5 or 7 years parts and labor. I’ve had mine since 2010 or so, had one issue about 4 years into it and they took care of it all. Wonderful option for sure.

I played a gig last night, second time we played at this venue. The first time the sound guy just didn’t give me enough vocals in their fallbacks. Often it seems to me the sound guy just forget that backup singers need to hear themselves as well. So last night I just unplugged the mic and plugged that into the “XLR through” and plugged my own mic lead from the mic into input 1 on the DXR10. My Ax8 was connected with Output 1 to the desk and Output 2 out to Input 2 on the DXR. Perfect, I now had my own vocal monitor as well with my own volume control and I could hear myself perfectly. The DXR10 delivered again :)

Would the Yamaha speakers also work in a studio setting?

I'm trying to put stuff together and trying to decide if studio monitors or if a wedge like xitone or yahamha dxr is more valuable/proper use of my limited budget.

I only right now have iOS gear with interface or thr10. Going to get amplifire box though

Back
Top Bottom