Yamaha DXR10 mkII

Anyone tried this new speaker yet? I'm wondering how it compares to the original DXR10? It uses a neodymium magnet, so it's a different beast and little bit lighter. There's also a $75 cashback rebate through Yamaha which makes the price attractive.

update - I just ordered two

Last edited:
.. sounds interesting, they have updated DXR12 and DXR15 as well.
I regret sold my two CLRs a couple years ago and now they hard to get.

"I DJ Now" has a pretty impressive labor day sale running this weekend. After the discount and the Yamaha rebate, I got them at a $175 discount each from the sticker price of $699.

Finally got my mk II's set up and running at practice levels last night. They sound amazing, very flat response and natural sounding. So far very pleased with my purchase. I love the Yamaha SPCVR-1001 covers that I got for them too... you never have to take them off the speaker:

I just ordered some dxr12’s mk2’s looking forward to seeing how they sound. Plus a matrix power amp to power a couple of Mesa 4x12’s. should be a pretty cool wet dry wet rig

I've been using these for about 2 months now and I have no complaints. The size and weight is perfect, I put them up on stands so they're right at head level, and the 3-channels is great for practice... the XLR channel is for the Fractal, the 1/4 inch channel is for my synth, and the RCA jack channel is for my MP3 player. I can't compare them to other FRFR monitors, but have no complaints about the sound I get out of them.

Back
Top Bottom