Yamaha DXR 10 - question about fan

Bman

Power User
i left my DXR10 on overnight and went to turn on my AX8 this afternoon and no sounds. The protection red light was on. So I’ve since turned it off and let it cool and am able to get sound back on. But I’ve noticed the fan isn’t turning. Do any of you fellow DXR owners notice if the fan is always on or does it come on sporadically?

I’m pretty shocked that the speaker overheated by just leaving it turned on. I suppose the fan could’ve simply given out which led to the protection circuit activating. Stuff happens. I’m bummed I gotta find a local Yamaha dealer to have shipped off for warranty work.

To add salt to the wound my dog chomped on the corner of my MacBook Pro which now won’t display. That’s gonna cost at least 400 to 500 buck to fix because of the stupid Retina display.

At least I have an AX8 huh?.....Mr. Brightside here...:(

i left my DXR10 on overnight and went to turn on my AX8 this afternoon and no sounds. The protection red light was on. So I’ve since turned it off and let it cool and am able to get sound back on. But I’ve noticed the fan isn’t turning. Do any of you fellow DXR owners notice if the fan is always on or does it come on sporadically?

I’m pretty shocked that the speaker overheated by just leaving it turned on. I suppose the fan could’ve simply given out which led to the protection circuit activating. Stuff happens. I’m bummed I gotta find a local Yamaha dealer to have shipped off for warranty work.

To add salt to the wound my dog chomped on the corner of my MacBook Pro which now won’t display. That’s gonna cost at least 400 to 500 buck to fix because of the stupid Retina display.

At least I have an AX8 huh?.....Mr. Brightside here...:(

My fan goes on right away. Never noticed, but I am about to do some recording so I'll leave it on with my monitors- few hours and see if the fan turns off at all.

My fan never went off-about 2 hours worth. But it's super, super quiet. I am in a small studio, cannot hear it at all.

Thanks for replying. I think the fan gave out. The store I bought it from will warranty it. I just gotta deal with shipping hassle.

Thanks for replying. I think the fan gave out. The store I bought it from will warranty it. I just gotta deal with shipping hassle.
yeah that sucks for sure. I love mine. Just wish they had put some sort of EQ for the high end in it.To tame the highs.

I cut the lows and highs on the cab block. I haven't had problems with highs. It's dialing in the low thump that's tough for me.

I bought the speaker as an open box discount. The store fortunately has a 6 month warranty but we’re not exactly sure if the Yamaha warranty transfers on that type of sale.

I tried it again last night and the speaker does work. The fan doesn’t. Maybe I NEED to buy another one so I have a speaker while this is getting serviced. And then I’ll have two when it’s returned. :p

Think the wife will buy this: ‘They felt bad about so they threw in a second one!’ lol

I once hooked mine up with my electric drum and left it on 24/7 for over a year. It never got overheated.

You definitely should get it check out.

If it was me and I didn’t want the trouble of shipping, waiting, etc., I’d just order the fan from Yamaha. I bet it’s less than $20 for the part, 4 screws, two wires or a connector. Done. Probably a You Tube Video on it (if not, you could make one). We’re Fractal players after all. We can do these things!

I once hooked mine up with my electric drum and left it on 24/7 for over a year. It never got overheated.

You definitely should get it check out.

Right?! I simply left it on overnight and it overheated. Yeah the fan died but that fan is basically a PC fan. The good news is that the protection breaker kicked in and worked to prevent the unit from damage...hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom