Yahtzee! Tone matching defintely works in 10.05

Loopback777

Inspired
I've had success with this before, but not to this degree. Just tried it on 10.02. Not so good (as to be expected - I know). Updated to 10.05 and tried it. If I had a clue and the inclination to figure out soundcloud I'd record and play the two tones - it's a sweet Black Crowes sound (twice as hard) - which to me is a great bluesy 'tube' sounds (hiwatt and 1960a) - espescially in that great G tuning...it's identical. And for you speaker people, I'm listening out of 2 JBL PRX635s, 1 JBL PRX 612, 2 Rokit 8's, a JBL PRX 618XLF and an EV QRX 115 (in the studio with many of the bands monitors rumbling away and the cheapo Rokits). I've got to run this through Ozone 5 just to see it.

Edit - this is really a great tone.

Last edited:
That is right in the bullseye! What did you use to tone match it, just the intro piece?

Yes. And the same tone works throughout the whole song (I don't think he changes much while playing). Beside it being right there, I was really happy with the process. I spent about 3 minutes setting up amp, cab and rev and 45 seconds tone matching to get it. Apparently the recording does a pretty good job, but I'm telling you that coming out of the mains, it doesn't just sound good, it also feels right.

Back
Top Bottom