Xvive wireless with AXE III?

DLW

Inspired
Please move if not best section for topic. Thanks!

Looking at trying an affordable wireless for home use with the AXE3.

Just looking for opinions for the Xvive system?

Signal/tone loss? Latency? Or works just fine?
Thank you!

I own a Xvive set. It's perfect for the home studio, but I wouldn't play out with it. As the battery runs down, I've gotten some clicking. It also doesn't like active pickups. I also own a L6 G10 which I like better for battery life, but once again no love for actives, and the transmitter dongle has an on/off SW and doesn't fit/or actuate the on/off with some guitars with barrel style jacks due to the jack having a beveled edge.

Just bough a Shure GLXD14 from Sweet's for $100 off/0% for 48 months on Black Friday. That likes actives and uses a real plug to insert into a guitar. Solved some of my problems with the other 2 mentioned.

JMHO!

Reactions: DLW
The Line 6 G10 is a good wireless for home studio use. IMHO. It has no issues with any of my guitars (6) including my Jackson with EMG 85/81s.

Mine works fine with all my guitars. ( strandberg, ibanez and a strat- no active pickups)

I only play at home and i have had no issues with it. Just works.

I have three sets of xVive. They work perfect on all guitars, including piezo and active equipped ones. Batteries last 5+ hours. We use multiple sets at the same time in my household. No problems whatsoever.

I could not get the Xvive to work well for me... Lots of dropouts even standing right next to the receiver.

The Carvin works well for me though I haven't used it much.

I use the Shure GLXD4R, but the fine people Xvive gave me the guitar wireless to try. Then they sold my drummer the wireless IEMs for 150. Holy crap, if the IEMs work as well as the guitar wireless that would save me major fly weight! I am going to A/B and record Shure vs Xvive vs Mogami cable in the next few days

The Xvive has worked fine for me every since it was introduced. I played many live gigs with it without any problems. But over time it did lose a lot of its battery life. I just bought the Boss WL20 set and am very pleased. But it still yet needs to pass the live test, which is Feb.1.2020.

Cheers Todde :cool:

There's so many wireless systems these days, even affordable ones.

I liked this vid. as it showcases the effect of buildings and other devices on a transmitter's range.

Back
Top Bottom