X's FX8 Cover Band Presets

X-Mann

Experienced
Hey Fractal Dudes.....

X-Mann here & I wanted to start sharing some of the 40+ song presets I've created for the amazing Fractal FX8 (mkii)! I'm going to do very quick video demos for each preset & about 1-a-week........

I've joined a new band & have created some great song based presets. These are all used in 4cm with a tube amp (Friedman Runt 50 & Carvin Legacy 3) & the amp channel switching is set-up for relay & midi as well.

The 1st FX8 song preset is for Velvet Revolver's (aka Slash) hit titled "Slither".

I use 3-Scenes that cover the intro & chorus.....The main lick & verse......& Slash's wah drenched solo too.....

I always name my Presets w/ the song name & song BPM.....It's set to that tempo, but can also be taped-in as well. The scenes are always left to right in order of use!
8F4E423F-E9C6-439B-ABEA-687A7A72D4AF_zpszbssyfzs.jpg

The next few songs & Presets will be as follows:

Killing in the Name by Rage Against The Machine
Far Behind by Candlebox
She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult
& more.....

I'll try to pick the ones that are more effect heavy & show the different sides of this killer product!

See you in a week.......& let's talk about how you run your FX8 in the cover band situation that you're in too......

X

Attachments

• SLITHER 141 PS.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
309BDEDE-3045-40BD-8966-05BC9A488E58_zpskifikvzv.jpg

I'm using a Carvin Legacy 3 in 4-Cable Mode in this video clip......
51E7A335-AB1B-497C-8DDC-6A495F21B8A5_zpswewh7aqf.jpg

8C6A8538-6690-4FA7-9501-63BABAD8E2B9_zpsfsy30a2u.jpg

Some of the song preset demos will use a different amp.....but both amps are similar EL34 based types.....

X

Last edited:
Quick couple of questions:
1. I was under the impression that the humbusters were for the pre out and post out, not the inputs. In your pic above it looks like you have them in just the FX loop. Ok, not a question...sorry.
2. Is any distortion coming from the amp or is it all the drive block you have set up...or a combo of both?

Nice sounds and killer playing. Thanks for posting this. And like Frank said, I haven't jammed to this tune in a long time either.

1. I was under the impression that the humbusters were for the pre out and post out, not the inputs. In your pic above it looks like you have them in just the FX loop. Ok, not a question...sorry.
2. Is any distortion coming from the amp or is it all the drive block you have set up...or a combo of both?

Nice sounds and killer playing. Thanks for posting this. And like Frank said, I haven't jammed to this tune in a long time either.

That sounds like the gain channel on the legacy to me

1) I use 3-Humbuster cables & have no noise issues at all......

2) The distortion is the drive channel of the Legacy & a drive pedal (TS808 OD) in the FX8.....

3) Thank you & fist bump!!!!

I appreciate all the comments!!!!

X

Hey guys.........

X here & I recorded a few more quick little sample videos of some of my FX8 presets.

Here's a quick look at the song "EVERLONG" by the Foo Fighters & it's a very FUN jam!!!! 3-Scenes, midi switching (& Relay), RC Booster, TS808, chorus, Delay & more..........Oh my!!!!!!

Here's a free copy of this preset that's set-up for a tube amp in 4cm.

http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5292

Enjoy! X

Attachments

• EVERLONG 158 X.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
Thank you for continuing to post these - very well done!
Thx Mr_Boggie, they are fun & quick to do actually.......

I have more coming at the end of the week.......& here's a little FX8 wah solo fun for ya while you wait.

"Far Behind" solo by Candelbox

This quick clip is the Friedman Runt 50 amp & the FX8 in 4CM......This is scene #3 & has Drive, Delay & Clyde wah on it.........

More song Presets will be uploaded soon.....

Peace & happy Monday my guitar nerds......

X

Here's a sample of a new 3-scene preset for the song "Highway Tune" by Greta Van Fleet.

Part-1

The main scene is just Reverb & Drive block....Then the Chorus has a....um.....Chorus in it.....w/ a .5 Db bump & then the solo w/ a 3.8 db boost....\m/

This was our 1st time playing this song live & we just learned it the week before. A local guy did a Facebook Live video during it & I thought it sounded pretty good the next morning.

We do a little reprise at the end just so the singer can do the huge scream thing again too!

:D

X

Here's a sample of a preset I've been working on of the song "Little One" by Highly Suspect.

The clean intro is the RC Booster pedal at max gain.....

The solo is my Red drive channel on my Mesa TC-50 amp with the TS808, some phaser or slight chorus & an analog delay.....

We have play this song a little faster live as I can't physically and lay it this slow like the record. Lol

X

Last one.....Here's my "X-Mann" solo preset without wah at first..........then a wah legato shred drenched line with miles of delay......delay.....delay.....on it!!!! :eek:

Jokes aside (yea, right), I'll see if she can get a few more of these FX8 presets uploaded before I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Peace!!!! X

Last edited:
Last one.....Here's my "X-Mann" solo preset without wah at first..........then a wah legato shred drenched line with miles of delay......delay.....delay.....on it!!!! :eek:

Jokes aside (yea, right), I'll see if she can get a few more of these FX8 presets uploaded before I leave for vacation tomorrow.

Peace!!!! X

Sounds awesome. Is that you TC-50?

Back
Top Bottom