XS (External Switch) problem. NEED HELP

I have 4 'External Switches' connected to my MFC.

I have one of the XS controlling something that works great....But there is a problem....

(I have an INSTANT ACCESS SWITCH for a DELAY on/off.
Then i have an XS connected to a CONTROLLER within the DELAY BLOCK that switches between 2 volumes of the DELAY LEVEL.
In other words - i can turn on my DELAY within a PATCH and have the level at, say, 12.
Then when i select the XS it changes the level of the DELAY to 45.)
This is great for going from normal delay sounds (level) to a "U2" type sound (level).

My problem is:
If i select the DELAY on in a patch and then select the XS (so i get my "U2" sound), and then change to another PATCH and select my DELAY, it retains the "U2" level of the delay. (even though the patch is stored at a level of 12, and not "U2" level)
Therefore requiring 2 hits of the XS to get back to normal level (ie. 12)

This is a drama especially when i'm in the middle of a solo and select a DELAY ....only to find it is way too loud. I lose focus and then have to hit the XS twice to get to where i wanted to be.

I have checked the WIKI PAGES and found:
The parameters TyHDW and TypTog and TypAUT control whether an external switch keeps its active state when switching presets:

• Latching: when set to TypHDW, the state is carried over because the MFC-101 polls the switch after having switched presets. Use TypTOG to prevent polling but this may cause the LED on the external switch to lose sync.
  • Momentary: when set to TypHDW, they operate as a momentary switch and retaining states is irrelevant. Use TypTOG to simulate a latching (toggle) switch, but the switch won't retain its state.
But even after trying all these options and more (even within EDIT-PATCH), i still have the same problem.
I assume it's because my XS is editing a parameter in a BLOCK in a PATCH. But i don't know.

I must also say that the problem appears on all the other XS's....except when just assigned to a BLOCK on/off, then it works fine)

How do i get the MFC to not POLL and RETAIN the previous 'selection' of a CONTROLLER in a BLOCK in a patch....when selecting a new patch?

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Peter
(i have tried to be a thorough as i can with this explanation. Sorry if it is too long, but it's a complex problem and it's really pissing me off.)

Back
Top Bottom