Wish Xotic EP Booster

johnnyspys

Inspired
I would love to see an Xotic EP Booster. I know the Korg does something similar but it just does sound as good as the EP Booster when using it at the end of a clean signal chain. I probably will use my EP booster before my amp when recording but because the FM3 does have a loop that you can turn on and off I am not sure I want to drag it out live with a midi loop pedal.

If you do a search the EQ settings have been posted before to replicate the various settings in the pedal

I know Yek posted some as I have it in my III

If you do a search the EQ settings have been posted before to replicate the various settings in the pedal

I know Yek posted some as I have it in my III
I tried some of the eq settings. The problem is, it isn't just eq in ep booster. I don't even use the treble boosting section of the pedal. There is some magic sauce in the pedal that I can't explain that is just missing when I don't have it engaged. I will to look for some other threads that might be different but so far the suggestions I have seen didn't come close. I am still new so I have gone through every thread.

The reason I would like it in my wish list is my FM3 presets almost all push the CPU limit, so if I can get a boost in the amp section instead of adding another block to an already bloated preset is a block.

The reason I would like it in my wish list is my FM3 presets almost all push the CPU limit, so if I can get a boost in the amp section instead of adding another block to an already bloated preset is a block.

The boost in the amp block is just a volume boost with an EQ curve applied. If there is any extra mojo in the EP booster, you wouldn't be getting it in an amp block boost; only a drive block.

I tried some of the eq settings. The problem is, it isn't just eq in ep booster. I don't even use the treble boosting section of the pedal. There is some magic sauce in the pedal that I can't explain that is just missing when I don't have it engaged. I will to look for some other threads that might be different but so far the suggestions I have seen didn't come close. I am still new so I have gone through every thread.

I think the Tape Distortion in the Drive Block would get one closer to an
EP-Pre than the Korg or a FET. :)

You can tweak it further in the Tone Section of the Drive Block when
you select the Tape Distortion. Just keep the Gain low, and use the EQ to
taste and place it at the end of your chain.... or before your Amp Block.

Yeah I tried the suggestions of the linked thread and it just doesn't do it for me compared to my EP Booster. If the FM3 had loop blocks for its effects loop section I would just use like that. I really want a small fly rig (which is why I bought the FM3) so I don't want to start adding pedals if I don't need to. So for recording I will still use the EP until I find something I like (still tweaking the FM3 presets.

Well after trying several suggestions I still want an EP booster. They already have two Xotic pedals....why not a third? :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom