XLR splitter to put between Output 1 and monitors/FOH

Megahertzz

Inspired
I'm looking for a splitter to put on (under) my pedalboard, but I have had no luck with Google. Maybe what I'm looking for doesn't exist (yet)?

What I want is a passive splitter with 2 inputs and 4 outputs, where two of the L/R outputs go directly through the splitter (to FOH), and the other two outputs (to my powered monitors) can be controlled by a single volume knob. Bonus feature would be that the splitter can be fitted underneath the pedalboard with the volume knob sticking out in front.

Any tips on where to get such a thing , if it exists, would be greatly appreciated.

That's one thing I really miss from the AX8 I had, Output 1 having both XLR and TRS separate set of jacks.

I too am looking into a splitter solution. For now I have Output 2 set as copy from Out 1 for going into FRFR but it would be nice to free that output to have my presets set just like when I had the AX8:

Output 1 XLR to FOH
Output 1 TRS to FRFR
Output 2 TRS to Pwr amp + cab without cab simulation (Output 2 block set parallel before Cab Block)

That way I have all my bases covered when gigging whether I bring my own FRFR or have to work with whatever backline amp provided without the hassle of reworking separate sets of presets for each scenario.

For now I'm contemplating the Y-cable route but if there's a better solution, I'm definitely interested.

could you just Copy Out 1 to Out 2, and use a 1/4" cable and DI box to the sound board? then you have 2 separate volume controls. most sound guys know and prefer a DI box.

could you just Copy Out 1 to Out 2, and use a 1/4" cable and DI box to the sound board? then you have 2 separate volume controls. most sound guys know and prefer a DI box.
The idea was to avoid using Output 2, so I could put my Whammy pedal in the loop.

I've taken this a step further and I am now considering whether it would be possible to add a stereo volume control to one of the mini module slots on the Templeboard, right next to the monitor outputs. My plan is to split Output 1 Left and Right into two separate outputs, where one pair of outs go directly to one pair of chassis XLR connectors on the Templeboard, for FOH, and the other pair of outs go to another pair of XLR connectors via a stereo volume control, for my monitors.

Is splitting the signal as easy as soldering two wires to each of the pins on the connector, or is there another trick to it? Will there be a significant signal loss?

Is splitting the signal as easy as soldering two wires to each of the pins on the connector, or is there another trick to it? Will there be a significant signal loss?

Whenever you split you lose 3dB of signal level. I simple line splitter should work so you don't have to do all that work. Quite a few companies out there that make them already for $10-15. The only downside is you are putting something else in your signal chain that could create a problem or fail. As long as you'r aware of that.

My simple solution:
use the XLRs und the FM3 Headphone amp, both are connected to Out 1!
You only need a 6,3mm TRS (TS is L, RS is R) to 2x TS Adapter Cable for the Headphone Amp. If you have ground loop problems, switch a passive (Transformer) DI between.

My simple solution:
use the XLRs and the FM3 Headphone amp, both are connected to Out 1!
You only need a 6,3mm TRS (TS is L, RS is R) to 2x TS Adapter Cable for the Headphone Amp. If you have ground loop problems, switch a passive (Transformer) DI between.

Would this splitter cable be better to keep the signal (both L-R) balanced?

https://www.designacable.com/catalo...anced-jack-split-into-dual-x2-balanced-jacks/

Actually, I never think about using the headphone out to double as Output 1 1/4(6.3mm), seems about right but also would be cool if @Admin M@ and/or @FractalAudio could chime in and help us with this.

Back
Top Bottom