XLR outputs and Enhancer add-ons

Glauben

I've noticed a few things with the 7.04. Not that I was using XLR out before, but one of the XLR outs has extremely low output. The other thing is that a lot of the block layouts have the "enhancer" added. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a big fan of the enhancer. What gives with adding the enhancer to so many of the amp layouts??

Glauben said:
I've noticed a few things with the 7.04. Not that I was using XLR out before, but one of the XLR outs has extremely low output. The other thing is that a lot of the block layouts have the "enhancer" added. I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a big fan of the enhancer. What gives with adding the enhancer to so many of the amp layouts??

What do you mean by "amp layouts"?

Do you mean patches?

If so, you do know you can edit those in any way you want, right?

Just remove the whole block.

Notice I said "block" layouts, and yes...I know I can go in and shunt them away, never to return. Just venting.

I am really sore about the XLR thing though.

First thing I would double check the levels in the patch and make sure that you don't have any panning going on account fpr the lower output on one of the channels if that seems fine and you still have one of the XLR level much lower than the other one then contact support it is a possibility of a hardware issue.

Mik.

Hang on Glauben. Updating to any firmware version will *NOT* add any blocks to your patches (nor will it remove any blocks either). So that enhancer block must have been there all along. You may just have never noticed that they were there before because you are now connecting your gear differently (that's a deduction from what you said about not using XLR before).

As for the low level on one of the XLR outs, that shouldn't happen either from a f/w update. It's never happened to me. So something else is going on. I'm sure someone on this forum can help you figure it out. Just provide some details, maybe even put one of your affected patches on Axechange.

Glauben said:

the enhancer creates a wider perceived stereo effect. They were added for that effect. With its new parameters, you can also use it for phase reversal.

sounds like it may be a hardware issue on the XLR. I would contact support.

Check the panning in the enhancer block. When I downloaded and used 7.04 w/ the editor the first time, all the enhancers were panned way over to one side.

Back
Top Bottom