XLR not working

Syrinx

Inspired
I've never used my output 2 connections before today. The right channel is not outputting any sound. I've tried different cables etc and the output meters look like everything is routed correctly, both L/R say they should have sound.

Is it possible I have a loose connection internally where a cable popped off just for the one side or is it more likely my right Output 2 XLR is just flat dead?

He said only 1 side is not working... ;)
Correct. I think I've got it confirmed there's an issue with the Output 2 right XLR not working.

I've got a workaround by swapping how I use Output 2 and 3 so I'm not completely hosed and don't think I need to go as far as the support/repair route. Was curious though if these rear connectors could have same issue some had with the displays where the cable to the main board just popped off and has to be reconnected.

If all blocks have left and right active then the support ticket is your best friend. If anything is set to Left only for input or output that could be the cause.

yeah, didn't quite get that, but now I do. :) D'oh!

Maybe a full reset of the AXE and see if it persists or not? Maybe backing up what is there and reset the global parms?
TY for suggestion. I gave this a shot and I still get sound from Out 2 L but nothing on Out 2 R. I'll have to try the support ticket route as recommended.

Had similar issues awhile back. Did a full reset and everything back to normal. Also, popped it open to and checked all connections. Contact support. Mark and others were super helpful.

Had similar issues awhile back. Did a full reset and everything back to normal. Also, popped it open to and checked all connections. Contact support. Mark and others were super helpful.
Do you remember if the XLR outputs each have their own individual connector to the board? I'm still wondering if mine has one loose and that's all it is.

Do you remember if the XLR outputs each have their own individual connector to the board? I'm still wondering if mine has one loose and that's all it is.
There is a ribbon cable that carries the top row connector signals. It can't hurt to remove the cover and make sure that cable is fully seated at both ends.

Back
Top Bottom