1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

XLR-F Angled Up?

Discussion in 'Rigs and Routing' started by OmegaZero, Oct 27, 2018.

1. OmegaZero

OmegaZero
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Has anyone come across a female XLR cable or plug with a right angle facing up? Pretty sure the reason I can't find one is because the locking button on the connector would be in the way, but I thought I would ask just in case. I'm building a new shallow rack for my Axe-FX III and was hoping to use output 2 to feed my power amp so I don't have to cover up any other connections.

2. biskitboy

biskitboy
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

The Neutrik ones can be rotated through different positions, but not "up". However, the angle they provide might help. Here's what the back of mine looks like, but I don't have them angled. Check pic 3 out.

3. pauly

pauly
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Hi omega
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/263724037783
    Thanks
    Pauly

biskitboy likes this.
  4. OmegaZero

OmegaZero
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

This is what I have now as well. I was hoping to find a way to avoid covering any of the other connections. Your picture illustrates the issue very well.

I'm specifically looking for XLR-F connectors (for use with audio outputs). This is of particular importance because the female connector is the one with the locking mechanism. The lock button is what gets in the way when trying to angle the connection up on most cables. I've seen the style of connectors you linked from Seismic Audio. They have the same issue as the Neutrik ones; they can change to several different positions but not up.

I figured this was a unicorn hunt. Just thought I would ask in case someone found something special.

biskitboy likes this.
  5. Manny Kuhn

Manny Kuhn
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

biskitboy likes this.