XL+ vs MK1: Screen and instr in

Se7en

Inspired
I recently upgraded from Mark I to a XL+ and I noticed some differences

Instrument input
All my guitars have high output pickups, bareknuckle ceramic nailbombs bridge and coldsweat neck. In Mark I I had about 22% on intstr input with tickling red but in XL+ I have to get as low as 5-6%, seems very low. Is that normal?

Screen
I noticed the Screen in XL+ is a bit slower but has better viewing angle than Mark I. I use front-edit a lot and I experience more ghost-effect in XL+. I have tried two units, replaced from g66, same results though.
Video: http://apa.nu/afx.mp4

The screen on the XL+ is the main change from the XL model. IIRC it had to be changed due to the old screens no longer being available.

Yeah.. that's been main different between XL and XL+
I don't know if Mark I/II and XL had the same screen

.. but for me it feels like when I first tried CS 1.6 on a LCD compared to my old CRT 120Hz monitor.
Ghost and lag =)

The XL had the same screen as MK1/2 Models. I haven't seen the XL+ screen in person so I can't tell you if your experience is unusual or not. Maybe it's those cold northern region temperatures slowing things down for you? (Thats just me making a dumb joke of course.)

The XL had the same screen as MK1/2 Models. I haven't seen the XL+ screen in person so I can't tell you if your experience is unusual or not. Maybe it's those cold northern region temperatures slowing things down for you? (Thats just me making a dumb joke of course.)

I'm not sure they do. I had both a MKI & an XL for a while & the MKI screen was much better. The XL screen looks kind of weak, less contrast or washed out.

Back
Top Bottom