XL+ Not working out of the box?

Hey everyone,

I came from school to find my incredible XL+ waiting for me. I sat down with my dad, read through the 'Getting Started' guide, then plugged it in.

We were greeted with something along the lines of:

February 20 2015
Press <Enter> to update

So, we pressed it...nothing. We then held it down for a few seconds and left it ten minutes. Still nothing.

We then turned it off and on again. After doing this multiple times, we were greeted with a strange menu with BassMan 59 on, and then A:A-F B:G-O and then C to something and D to something else, can't remember exactly what. I tried turning one of the knobs and it completely glitched, with the menu for tempo and the original strange menu ovetlapping each other, as well as BYPASS flashing on the screen, and my guitar playing a stuttering DI sound.

We've emailed G66.eu

What is going on here exactly?

We were greeted with something along the lines of:

February 20 2015
Press <Enter> to update

So, we pressed it...nothing. We then held it down for a few seconds and left it ten minutes. Still nothing.

i'm not sure why you were greeted with that. that is the Firmware page, where it tells the current firmware version. The "Press Enter" instruction is for updating firmware. After pressing Enter, you would send the new firmware from a computer. Nothing on the unit itself would update internally.

we were greeted with a strange menu with BassMan 59 on, and then A:A-F B:G-O and then C to something and D to something else, can't remember exactly what.
this sounds like the Store menu, where you would choose a preset location and change the name using the ABCD knobs.

i hate to say, but something sounds wrong. either buttons are pressing on their own, or something else is going on. this is not typical. i'm sure G66 will get you going, but i would guess the unit has to be shipped back.

Unfortunate start but support will get you squared away. Sounds like the page right and other buttons are stuck or randomly firing, try pressing it a couple times or see if page left does anything for you.

Good luck

Sounds like it got borked in shipping. It may be as simple as the cable from the front panel to the motherboard got unseated. If you are technical you can pop the cover and make sure the cable is fully seated at both ends.

Sounds like it got borked in shipping. It may be as simple as the cable from the front panel to the motherboard got unseated. If you are technical you can pop the cover and make sure the cable is fully seated at both ends.
That's exactly what we think has happened! However, we're really not comfortable poking around inside a £2000 amp, so we're gonna see what G66 say.

Thanks everyone!

That's exactly what we think has happened! However, we're really not comfortable poking around inside a £2000 amp, so we're gonna see what G66 say.

Thanks everyone!

If the man himself has suggested that I don't think G66 will worry about it. But obviously you have to feel comfortable with which way you go.

Back
Top Bottom