XL Lockup when faulty FASLINK XLR is connected

biskitboy

Power User
Curious if anyone has experienced this before. Brought my XL ( Q1.01 ) and MFC Mark III ( 3.08 ) to practice tonight and the unit would not power on after I connected both XLR outputs, FASLink, and Guitar. I pulled the XLR outs, and it seemed like the unit powered on but it was hung during the boot sequence. The MFC remained powerless.

I pulled the FASLink cable and the XL powered up fine with everything else connected except the MFC. As soon as I connected the XL again to the FASLink port for the MFC, the unit would lock up. Anyway, swapped the FASLink cable and both the XL and MFC powered up fine.

I’m hoping the AXE is somehow protected from something like a shorted FASLink XLR cable. Everything is working fine now, just curious if others have had this happen before. I'm hoping there are some safety mechanisms in place that prevented any type of possible damage to the MFC or AXE.

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. Honestly, I'm just assuming there was a short vs a break based on symptoms. After another XLR cable worked, I just cut the cable and threw it right in the trash heap. :)

Back
Top Bottom