XL+ freezes when changing preset

Owczar - boy I am glad I came across this. I bought my Axe-FX II XL+ and MFC last May. Within 3 months I noticed the unit would freeze and the MFC would read AXE-FX- Name Timeout! It happend about 7 or 8 times in those first 3 months. I emailed support and did everything they suggested, which was to double check all the settings and try a different XLR cable. No luck, it kept happening at very random times. It would work great for a couple gigs then happen (I only gig about 3x a month). Support gave me new MFC beta firmware. Still no luck. I finally sent it in and they one tech speculated an unknown bug. Said he could reproduce it while stepping on 2 buttons at once. They sent me a new MFC. Very first night at band practice within minutes of turning it on, I got Axe-FX Sync Timeout!, which was different. They sent me a new Axe FX. It seemed to work ok for a few shows then just like before, at very random times the MFC would just stop talking with the Axe. 2 weeks ago, out of nowhere, the AXE would work with Axe Edit, then it wouldn't. I tried 3 different pc's running different versions of windows along with different usb cables and ports. All pc's had no problem with my usb mouse or connecting my golf gps for usb downloads. I contacted them about it and I shipped both units back this week. They told me it functions flawlessly on the work bench. They said I am the only person reporting this problem and are trying to say it is user error and that it is next to impossible for me to receive 2 bad units. Well, that might be true hardware wise, but not if there is a SW or Firmware bug. You and I have the exact same issue.

Hello Keith!
I didn't found clear solution so far. Managed to get one of my units working properly - after resetting every setting I could find - there is few options for it like clearing all global settings, clearing all presets etc. Then I've programmed my presets from scratch. Next, logical thing to do would be to save preset bank via fractal bot, reset every setting in second unit, and load my freshly programmed presets - I did that, and found out that second Axe keeps crashing in two songs in our setlist. It is really infuriating, presets just get corrupted somehow. It is not computer fault for sure - this time I was using different computer than few months ago, different usb cable also.

Back
Top Bottom