XL bug?

vinnyburns

Experienced
Can now confirm what I suspected. There appears to be a bug in transferring the presets from MkII to XL. I now have a compressor enabled in most presets and scenes on the XL where it is turned off in the original presets on the MKII except on the scene 3 on most of them where it used on a clean sound.

Sorry, will make it a little clearer.
When i transferred my user presets from my Axe Mk2 to my new XL, all my user presets after the transfer had the compressor engaged on every preset and every scene. This was not how it was set on the original presets. The compressor was only engaged on scene 3 on most of the presets and was never engaged for any other scene within a preset.

Have to say, the axe edit program made a pretty quick job of getting into my user presets and straightening all this out. Great program when you need to get in and out of the axefx quickly to fix something :) Sweet.

I also had small issues transferring patches. Two of ten patches had reset the volume pedal settings so there was no sound until I edited the block.
This happened on the very first patch I copied over. After a small panic attack ☺️I was able to quickly diagnose and fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been experiencing the exact same thing. Allthough mine wasn't related to transfering from mk2 to XL. Are you using axe-edit when editing your patches?

What happens is that I have a preset with maybe 8 scenes and I use all the PEQ blocks available as well as the XY states. Let's say scene 1 has 1 PEQ block set on Y but scene 2 has the same block, but set on X. If I turn the block off on scene 2 it for some reason turns it on in scene 3 or any other scene where it should be turned off. I'm still trying to replicate this.

The fix so far is to not use the XY states in different scenes. At least in my case.

I have a similar problem. I've noticed the Compressor, Tremolo/Panner, and GEQ all seem to be engaged even though they may not have been in the original preset. I also noticed that some of the PEQ settings and GEQ settings (GEQ 2 @ 16khz) are different in the XL than in the original preset.

So there is some work to do in checking your presets as they come across.

MM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom