XL " Boot Rom " ..... is it the *same size* as the XL+ " Boot Rom " ..... ?

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

Just want to check to be sure / clarify.

I know the XL+ Boot Rom is 4 x the size of the Boot Rom in the Axe FX 2 MK II ..... so .....

=> is the size of the Boot Rom in the [ non-plus ] XL the same as the size of the Boot Rom in the XL+ ?

Thanks,
Ben

yes.

but its a moot point because the sock rom in the XL+ is much bigger than all the other units and their socks are almost full, according to my speculations.

yes.

but its a moot point because the sock rom in the XL+ is much bigger than all the other units and their socks are almost full, according to my speculations.

Sorry ..... but Im pretty thick about this sort of stuff :(

-> so your saying yes, the XL Boot Rom is the same size as the XL+ Boot Rom ?

or

-> only the XL+ has the 4 x bigger Boot Rom ?

Again, my apologies for my lack of understanding :(

Thanks,
Ben

"So other than a different LCD the XL+ is basically the same thing as an XL."

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/announcing-the-axe-fx-ii-xl-plus.96847/

Sorry - really not trying to be a pedantic pain in the a#$ ...... :)

Im pretty sure they are the same, but when I checked the Axe Wiki here:-

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_II_hardware#Axe-Fx_II_model_differences

.... the reference to the 4 x larger Boot Rom seems to only be in the section referencing the changes in the XL+ compared to the previous non-plus XL (?)

Ben

Pretty sure they both still have the larger boot rom. The only differences between the XL and XL+ are the LCD and the big encoder knob, IIRC. I think I read somewhere that the old LCD used in the XL was EOL and the XL+ had a more current screen.

The differences between the XL and the XL+ were the newer display, lower noise floor and I think the encoder knob. Nothing else, both share the same specs.

Sorry ..... but Im pretty thick about this sort of stuff :(

-> so your saying yes, the XL Boot Rom is the same size as the XL+ Boot Rom ?

or

-> only the XL+ has the 4 x bigger Boot Rom ?

Again, my apologies for my lack of understanding :(

Thanks,
Ben

yeah their boot roms are the same

My sincere thanks to all ..... and apologies again for my "analness" :)

I just grabbed an XL locally so I could upgrade from (sell) my 2MK2 as am keen to stay on the full upgrade path until sometime way way down the track when an A3 may eventuate.

Again, my thanks.to all

Ben

You could always send it to Fractal Audio and get your XL modded to the + specifications for that extra special goodness. So I've heard, Metallica has a special XL++ mod that only they can get. These units are hand built by Cliff at his house and each component has been soaked in unicorn tears to get that extra "crystal lattice" effect that only Mr. Dumble was able to obtain when he was building amps. ;)

You could always send it to Fractal Audio and get your XL modded to the + specifications for that extra special goodness. So I've heard, Metallica has a special XL++ mod that only they can get. These units are hand built by Cliff at his house and each component has been soaked in unicorn tears to get that extra "crystal lattice" effect that only Mr. Dumble was able to obtain when he was building amps. ;)
you had me going there for a sentence

Back
Top Bottom