Xitone

Colin Wight

Has anyone ordered and received a Xitone product in the last 6 months? I ordered a MBritt Open/Closed back about this time last year but cancelled it after waiting 3 months and getting nothing. Was told they were waiting on the new Celestion speaker. Got a refund, all good. Then earlier this year I inquired again and was told the Celestions were in so reordered in March, but I'm still waiting now in June. Contracted them early May and was told that my cab was made just waiting on the power coating for the handles. Since then nothing. Emailed again on Friday but not heard back. Are they in trouble?

Mick runs a one-man shop AFAIK. Could be he's behind or something is up. I do know him to be an incredibly generous human being and stand-up fellow though. I would not suspect intentional malice here.

Mick runs a one-man shop AFAIK. Could be he's behind or something is up. I do know him to be an incredibly generous human being and stand-up fellow though. I would not suspect intentional malice here.
No I'm certainly not suggesting malice, just a concern that he might be experiencing difficulties. He was super sharp on the refund first time around. But back in early May my cabinet was made. Maybe his powder coating people have let him down. I'll give him another week to get back to me.

No I'm certainly not suggesting malice, just a concern that he might be experiencing difficulties. He was super sharp on the refund first time around. But back in early May my cabinet was made. Maybe his powder coating people have let him down. I'll give him another week to get back to me.
Oh, I didn’t think you were suggesting that! Just trying to put your mind at ease.

I am also awaiting a cab that is taking a while to fabricate . Not too worried. Have placed orders in the past and Mick has always been extremely accommodating and professional .

I ordered my Mcbrit back in January. I figure it'll ship sometime. I knew up front there would be a wait.

If anything is the hold up I would bet it's getting the Celestion speaker. I know he had a batch of the new Celestion FX12-200 coming and had a couple shipped to him for customers airmailed from the UK. A good indication of when anyone might get something from Xitone with the new Celestion FX12-200 would be to keep an eye on availability of that speaker at sweetwater.com. When they get stock I'm sure Mick will get his order as well. This has been another lagging dragging wait for a company to ship product, the Celestion speaker I mean.

I got one in late April and ordered it in late November. Mick was great with replying to me with updates and the delay was because of celestion supply. I like the cab and you can feel the sound so it is very much a cabinet feel.

The delays have been the stuff of legend with regard to the F12-X200's and the reason is that Celestion simply wants it to be right. We also had 7-8 months of delays in getting the FTX-1225's.

That being said though, we are nearing the end of this chapter of challenges with components coming back into stock and we are processing the backlog accordingly.

Along with the backlog elimination we are also working on some new models... stuff we've never seen done before. We are excited about these new models and I look forward to sharing more about them in the next couple of weeks or so.

I've said it many times and will say it again, I have the absolute best customers in the world! Their patience has been as legendary as the Celestion delays and I am grateful beyond words.

We are working our butts off to get the backlog eliminated and will be carrying stock of our standard models very soon. Custom orders will still be possible though predictably, not available for immediate shipping.

Thanks as always!

Mick

The delays have been the stuff of legend with regard to the F12-X200's and the reason is that Celestion simply wants it to be right. We also had 7-8 months of delays in getting the FTX-1225's.

That being said though, we are nearing the end of this chapter of challenges with components coming back into stock and we are processing the backlog accordingly.

Along with the backlog elimination we are also working on some new models... stuff we've never seen done before. We are excited about these new models and I look forward to sharing more about them in the next couple of weeks or so.

I've said it many times and will say it again, I have the absolute best customers in the world! Their patience has been as legendary as the Celestion delays and I am grateful beyond words.

We are working our butts off to get the backlog eliminated and will be carrying stock of our standard models very soon. Custom orders will still be possible though predictably, not available for immediate shipping.

Thanks as always!

Mick

Any chance you need some additional physical labor in exchange for a discount on a cab? :D

Back
Top Bottom