Xitone passive cabinet help

MesamanGarry

Hey there fellow axe users! I made the recent purchase of a 2X12 passive Xitone cab to go along with an Axe fx2 ultra+ and a matrix x800 power amp. I also have sony mdr 7510 headphones and Shure e2-c in ear monitors, both of which when used on the axe sound almost identical. Now when the Xitone cab is used, the sound changes drastically compared to the headphones. Very bass heavy and somewhat muddy sounding. I'm thinking the cabinets response isn't very flat. What would be the best way to flatten the response of the cabinet. I'm thinking of getting an omnidirectional Mic to help this out. So any suggestions on the easiest way to do this would be appreciated.

Hey there fellow axe users! I made the recent purchase of a 2X12 passive Xitone cab to go along with an Axe fx2 ultra+ and a matrix x800 power amp. I also have sony mdr 7510 headphones and Shure e2-c in ear monitors, both of which when used on the axe sound almost identical. Now when the Xitone cab is used, the sound changes drastically compared to the headphones. Very bass heavy and somewhat muddy sounding. I'm thinking the cabinets response isn't very flat. What would be the best way to flatten the response of the cabinet. I'm thinking of getting an omnidirectional Mic to help this out. So any suggestions on the easiest way to do this would be appreciated.
How would an omnidirectional mic change anything?

Why are you micing an FRFR cab?

What specific cab do you have? Does it have the non-FRFR option?

You will get much better bass response from a speaker than you will from any headphone or IEM (especially ones that are not custom molded).

If you have created presets on headphones they may not translate well.

Additionally, how loud are you playing? You may be experiencing Fletcher Munson effect.

Try posting a preset for others to check out.

How would an omnidirectional mic change anything?

Why are you micing an FRFR cab?

What specific cab do you have? Does it have the non-FRFR option?

You will get much better bass response from a speaker than you will from any headphone or IEM (especially ones that are not custom molded).

If you have created presets on headphones they may not translate well.

Additionally, how loud are you playing? You may be experiencing Fletcher Munson effect.

Try posting a preset for others to check out.
I'm not micing the cabinet at all. Was thinking of using the omnidirectional mic to record the frequency response and see if I can possible eq the cabinet for a flatter response. Like I said it is a passive 2X12 Xitone cabinet. There is no non frfr option. I am using all stock presets in the axe. The bass response and presets sounds great through the headphones / monitors. The cabinet is very dark, borderline muddy. Very different than the sound of the other options. I don't think the response is very flat. Also I am at low in home volumes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom