Xitone - Michael Britt ((Matrix or Dayton) or both?)

Mark jones

Let me say that I am new to the amp modeling world. I have an FX3 and I can clearly see that this can become addicting. I bought a Xitone Michael Britt Dayton about 4 months ago and love it but I was curious to hear the difference between the Dayton version and the original Matrix version. Someone listed a Matrix version on reverb about a week ago and I bought it. The amp should be delivered today. I want to A/B test them so I can hear the difference first hand. I also want to run them in stereo (closed back, open back, with the different DSP modes) and compare the different combinations. I’ll post what I hear as soon as I can.

Hey Mark (waving to you from Annandale).

I have the M Britt with Dayton as well as the active wedge. Love em both. Looking forward to hear what you find!

I just picked up a pair of Xitone active wedges, with the Dayton amps. They sound great at home--will put them through their paces on stage soon!

Maybe Mick will chime in. I recall him saying he was able to tweak the Dayton to sound just like the matrix. I have a buddy that has the Dayton model but he lives in another state part of the year, haven't been able to get together with him when he's in my area. Dying to play with the software for the EQ curve of that amp and see what all you can do with it. I guess its a set it and forget it programing kind of thing that Mick takes care of in his units.

I have a Dayon-equipped MBritt and I must say I find it ridiculously bright. Compared against all other monitoring sources I have available (Tannoy near fields, multiple headphones, EV ELX112P, QSC K10) there's a ton of high end on it. I have my Out 1 EQ dialed back pretty severely to cope with it right now. I've been meaning to reach out to Mick to check on the programming on my power amp -- maybe it's incorrect?

I have a Dayon-equipped MBritt and I must say I find it ridiculously bright. Compared against all other monitoring sources I have available (Tannoy near fields, multiple headphones, EV ELX112P, QSC K10) there's a ton of high end on it. I have my Out 1 EQ dialed back pretty severely to cope with it right now. I've been meaning to reach out to Mick to check on the programming on my power amp -- maybe it's incorrect?

I would run this by Mick... I have an MBritt (Dayton amp) and I don't find it overly bright. Not sure if you are familiar with the Xitone wedges but I find those wedges a little brighter than the Mbritt (not sure if that comparison helps).

I would run this by Mick... I have an MBritt (Dayton amp) and I don't find it overly bright. Not sure if you are familiar with the Xitone wedges but I find those wedges a little brighter than the Mbritt (not sure if that comparison helps).

Same here - the wedge is brighter that my Mbritt cab...and I don't find the MBritt that bright really.
Good data points. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom