XiTone arrived today...shoot out against my DXR10

Hey @MicFarlow - I have 3 Xitone passive wedges (2 bought used from a fellow forum member, 1 bought new) and NONE have the Xitone badge on the grill.

I always see them pictured with the badge... Was there a period when you didn't put them on?

Yeah - my passive wedge I bought a few months ago didn't come with one either - maybe thats how they distinguish active and passive ? who knows...
EDIT - just saw vendor reply... :D

My active wedge also arrived about 3 weeks ago.
I checked it once in the rehearsal room and jammed with our drummer (unfortunately without the rest of the band).

But that was totally enough to determine that the XiTone is a f******* revelation and worth every dollar.
That makes it even harder to handle the covid19 lockdown rehearsal break.

Pretty good. Obviously you lose some low end; but it's not awful.
Would you think it's a good choice is it is going to be used primarily for that home playback with the occasional chance to crank it when nobody else is home?

Would you think it's a good choice is it is going to be used primarily for that home playback with the occasional chance to crank it when nobody else is home?
I wouldn't, actually! I'd go with some nearfields instead. Maybe get a pair and a sub to fill it in better.

I wouldn't, actually! I'd go with some nearfields instead. Maybe get a pair and a sub to fill it in better.

Cool thanks. I will try that next then. I actually have a pair of studio monitors hooked up in my office to the axe fx iii but haven't been able to compare them to my amp with the fm3 in the other room as I am still recovering from a messed up back.

Sounds like that is the next thing to try.

Cool thanks. I will try that next then. I actually have a pair of studio monitors hooked up in my office to the axe fx iii but haven't been able to compare them to my amp with the fm3 in the other room as I am still recovering from a messed up back.

Sounds like that is the next thing to try.
If your budget is 2 x XiTones you can do an amazing nearfield setup with a sub. $2k buys you some nice nice monitors.

Hey Unix Guy... I've only had the ability to do the badges now for a few months... maybe a year at most.

Please send me an email and we'll try to get some out to you soon along with some out to other folks that have asked.
Hi Mic any chance of a pair of badges for my Passive Wedges?

Any input on how the xitone does at lower volume levels?

I pretty much run mine at bedroom level 95% of the time. I've added a 10 band GEQ block that deals with the EQ necessary to go from low volume to LOUD. It sounds great at lower levels. I'm pretty sure I can create a modifier that makes the EQ adjustments as the volume pedal goes up but I just have a 2nd preset(s). Like a little combo amp or an heavily attenuated cranked Marshall. Also, I have different presets for playing and recording. The recording preset has a touch more of everything because it seems to get lost in the recording process. But yeah, the Xitone sounds great at low volumes.

Back
Top Bottom