XiTone arrived today...shoot out against my DXR10

Bman

Power User
5625ED65-F98D-4F7C-8691-FE8DD3B043EE.jpeg ...and the winner is.....

Ahh you guessed it - the XiTone!

I ran the DXR for a good 5 minutes getting a good vibe and real happy with the tone then switched to the XiTone. The difference was the fullness of the XiTone and it’s really clear on both ends. It’s a 12” speaker so I expected the fullness but thought there would be a need to also tweak my preset I created using the DXR10. Nope. None at all. Just sounds great!

I swapped back to the DXR and ran it loud this time and was thinking man this little thing kicks ass. I was happy enough that I was regretting the extra money spent. But then I switched back to the XiTone at the high volume. No regrets. My wife came in screaming and I just yelled WOW!!! Hahhaaa!!! Dive bomb harmonically chased her out of the house...true story.

The Bluetooth sounded great and clear and easy to jam with. I’m keeping it for sure. Heck I told my wife Mick ‘loaned’ it to me...lol.

The DXR really is awesome for the $450 I paid for it. But there’s no going back for me. I can’t unhear it. Besides ... it’s on loan

Due to the overwhelming response to our "Loaner" program XiTone cabs will be implementing a 'Witness Protection" program to accompany it. We feel that this level of protection for our customers is a value add for those times when one 'loaner' is not enough!

Thank you for your kind words Bman! We really appreciate it!

Hey @MicFarlow - I have 3 Xitone passive wedges (2 bought used from a fellow forum member, 1 bought new) and NONE have the Xitone badge on the grill.

I always see them pictured with the badge... Was there a period when you didn't put them on?

Hey Unix Guy... I've only had the ability to do the badges now for a few months... maybe a year at most.

Please send me an email and we'll try to get some out to you soon along with some out to other folks that have asked.

Hey Unix Guy... I've only had the ability to do the badges now for a few months... maybe a year at most.

Please send me an email and we'll try to get some out to you soon along with some out to other folks that have asked.
Cool... I will do that.

I'll take two Michale Britt's on loan to compare to my CLR. Will inbox shipping address, lol....

I am very happy with my Xitone 12" active wedge, though mine did not come with a power cord. :(

I use mine about 98% of the time in my little studio - gives wonderful and full articulation at low volumes. Though, the time I took it out to turn it up, it did not disappoint. I still need to write an official review, but was waiting on an official Xitone power cord that Mick promised. ;-)

Almost had a bad experience with my XiTone tonight. Wife and kids were out and I had it maxed. It sounded ‘boxy’ like a PA. I walked away thinking some days FRFR is uninspiring. About an hour later went back to see if it was a momentary thing. By chance looked in the back and noticed I somehow switched off ‘flat’ setting and had the high cut setting on. Went back to flat and WOW! Feel dumb but very glad to be dumb. It’s like having your wah half cocked and thinking what the hell is wrong??

Almost had a bad experience with my XiTone tonight. Wife and kids were out and I had it maxed. It sounded ‘boxy’ like a PA. I walked away thinking some days FRFR is uninspiring. About an hour later went back to see if it was a momentary thing. By chance looked in the back and noticed I somehow switched off ‘flat’ setting and had the high cut setting on. Went back to flat and WOW! Feel dumb but very glad to be dumb. It’s like having your wah half cocked and thinking what the hell is wrong??
Or your tone knob rolled off...

I played a gig last Friday thinking "man, my tone is SUPER bright tonight -- wonder what I did?"

The next day I realized I'd left the back panel in the Xitone and hadn't changed the DSP setting. Doh. Too many things to remember.

I played a gig last Friday thinking "man, my tone is SUPER bright tonight -- wonder what I did?"

The next day I realized I'd left the back panel in the Xitone and hadn't changed the DSP setting. Doh. Too many things to remember.

What’s the DSP setting when you’ve got your cab open? My options are flat, vocal, music, low cut & hi cut.

What’s the DSP setting when you’ve got your cab open? My options are flat, vocal, music, low cut & hi cut.
If I’m not mistaken, the labels for the DSP in the Dayton are not correct......I be.ieve the right info is here...
XLR and ¼” inputs for each of two channels, and a female XLR out for linking to other units or front-of-house PA support. Each channel has its own Volume control, with a switch for Line level or –24dB mic pad. A 5-position DSP Mode switch offers, Mode 1: FRFR; Mode 2: FRFR with 2dB bump at 500kHz for slight mid boost; Mode 3: FRFR with tweeter –2.5dB at 5kHz; Mode 4: LRFR (limited-range, flat-response) with only the 12” speaker engaged; Mode 5: 12” speaker raw (more like a traditional guitar cab). There’s also a switch to enable Bluetooth for.....
@MicFarlow ...can you confirm?

I have an MBritt with the removable back so my DSP options may be different from the wedge Xitone.

Yes. I figured out that you just have to pull on it really hard. I was afraid I was gonna break it but no problem.
thanks

It would be nice to know exactly what the modes are on the mbritt with the removable back panel.

I have seen about three different references in various threads but cannot determine who is correct.

Can Mick jump in and clarify?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom