Xitone Active 12 Purchased - Should I have gone with Mission Engineering?

MackieFX

Experienced
As of title, I haven't received the cab yet - but I didn't realise I could have had a gemini for another $100

Have I made a mistake?

The Gemini 2 is a great sounding cab. Very comparable to the Xitone... But I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Xitone - they are very nice!

I love my XiTone. I have used it for every gig since I purchased it many years ago. It's perfect for Fractal gear, and Mick (owner of XiTone) is a wonderful guy. Can't say enough great things about him and his products.

Agree 100% with Sleestak about Mick being a great guy. I bought 2 1x12s from him a few years ago, but did not care for the sound. He honored the return policy no questions asked.

I was coming from a Friedman, which sounds better to my ear, but still not my ideal.

Also bought an RCF 12" that sounds good, but has a strange feel to it. It's hard to describe, but it has a sort of threshold on the initial transient that makes the the response "bark." It's like a gate but more subtle. Just enough to make the feel weird.

Would love to try an Atomic Neo.

Curious if anyone here has experience with the RCF vs the Atomic, and if you can talk about the differences.

Reactions: ESW
I have two 1x12 Xitones and love them! I usually only bring one to a gig unless I either want a lot of volume or I really want stereo effects. Otherwise, one is enough and it's easier to schlep. I also had Mick build me a custom 1x15 version for use with bass as the 1x12s were lacking punch for that, although they're perfect for guitar.

Back
Top Bottom