XiTone 12" Active Wedge or Atomic CLR Neo MkII?

Greetings All! My first post. I hope it's not a redundant question. I'm researching the best power amp/speaker solution for live performances and recording. Portability is key. I use clean stratty tones to heavy open d chugs but not the super low 7 string detuned stuff. I like what I see and hear on you tube and other reviews I've read on both units. Anyone own these units or have experience with them? Any help is greatly appreciated. Right now I'm leaning toward the Xitone.

I'd take the Xitone just because I've tried one in person since they're local here and Mick is the nicest guy. They sound great, super durable (he applies an extra coat for durability in the factory) and they can even be used as bluetooth speakers. I plan on getting one with my next tax return, that's for damn sure. I keep reading about reliability and customer service concerns with CLRs.

Yes, numerous threads dealing with Xitone and CLR. I have never tried the CLR and its advocates are many. But I did get a Xitone 12" powered wedge and am very happy with it. Mick was far better than average to deal with, it is a bit less expensive to the CLR, and mine sounds great at very low bedroom levels that I use most of the time, and very clear and powerful on an open stage. Plus it has a nice bluetooth feature that sounds great. And it is very portable, and cute to boot!

I doubt you would be disappointed either way........ but as for me and my house, we chose Xitone. ;-)

I have the Xitone Active Wedge and Atomic CLR Neo (original). The Xitone construction is just superb on every level compared to the CLR. When I ordered my Xitone, I had Mick put in a pole mount option so that I could use just like my CLR (if needed). I don't typically pole mount them, but wanted the flexibility if I needed it.

From a support perspective, Mick is in a class by himself.

Audio wise, I think they are both pretty comperable. I've A/B'd them multiple times and they each have their own character (not better or worse, just slightly different). I do prefer the Xitone which is why I'll eventually replace my CLR with another Xitone.

Another vote for Xitones. Own two - love em both. Active wedge I use the most (as a personal monitor in front or behind me when going to PA), mbritt cab is used more for non-direct gigs (more like a real amp with open back for stage sound).

I'd take the Xitone just because I've tried one in person since they're local here and Mick is the nicest guy. They sound great, super durable (he applies an extra coat for durability in the factory) and they can even be used as bluetooth speakers. I plan on getting one with my next tax return, that's for damn sure. I keep reading about reliability and customer service concerns with CLRs.
Greetings deathbyguitar! I wasn't aware of the Bluetooth capability. That's a big plus for me. Thanks!

Yes, numerous threads dealing with Xitone and CLR. I have never tried the CLR and its advocates are many. But I did get a Xitone 12" powered wedge and am very happy with it. Mick was far better than average to deal with, it is a bit less expensive to the CLR, and mine sounds great at very low bedroom levels that I use most of the time, and very clear and powerful on an open stage. Plus it has a nice bluetooth feature that sounds great. And it is very portable, and cute to boot!

I doubt you would be disappointed either way........ but as for me and my house, we chose Xitone. ;-)

Greetings jiagap! Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm so looking forward to getting mine!

I have the Xitone Active Wedge and Atomic CLR Neo (original). The Xitone construction is just superb on every level compared to the CLR. When I ordered my Xitone, I had Mick put in a pole mount option so that I could use just like my CLR (if needed). I don't typically pole mount them, but wanted the flexibility if I needed it.

From a support perspective, Mick is in a class by himself.

Audio wise, I think they are both pretty comperable. I've A/B'd them multiple times and they each have their own character (not better or worse, just slightly different). I do prefer the Xitone which is why I'll eventually replace my CLR with another Xitone.

Greetings biskitboy! Thanks for sharing your experiences!

Another vote for Xitones. Own two - love em both. Active wedge I use the most (as a personal monitor in front or behind me when going to PA), mbritt cab is used more for non-direct gigs (more like a real amp with open back for stage sound).

Greetings sskkmm! I love portable equipment. I don't have the will or means to lug around a heavy amp anymore. I'm sold on the Xitone and I'm interested in a Evox J8 for a PA. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Greetings deathbyguitar! I wasn't aware of the Bluetooth capability. That's a big plus for me. Thanks!

Yeah, he uses power amps by Dayton Audio. I'm not sure if this is the exact model he uses because there's several variations but this will give you an idea.

http://www.daytonaudio.com/index.ph...el-with-dsp-and-bluetooth-1-5k-crossover.html

He can also customize the cabinet to your specifications, whether you need certain speakers, want a certain color combination or something like that. I got to try one of his speakers with my Axe-FX last year and was super impressed. You won't be disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom