XERCES (Deftones cover)

F00king nice cover choice bro, thats one of my favorite Deftones songs!!! Only gripes is the mix could be glued a bit more everything. Its a little too dynamic for my tastes, a bit more compression would seat everything better. Compression after EQ though to bring your tone to life.

Hey, thanks a lot for the tip. I was hoping for some constructive feedback.

I normally use a fairly standard set of Waves plugins, but I'm trialling one of those 'all in one' mastering solutions on the output bus (Ozone by Izotope). I am leaning towards the mix not sounding ideal as well but couldn't quite place what was wrong. I'll try using more compression.

This is probably my favourite Deftones track. I don't think we do the original any justice at all, but was something I wanted to try.

Cheers.

Nah you did it good justice. I'm one of few i think but i like waves plugins over all in one mastering. I use a waves c4 on every master track i do with a BBE sonic maximizer and a Stillwell compressor and limiter. That combo brings all of my mixes to life!

Yeah, I am usually a fan of the C4 amongst others. Have heard good things about the Stilwell plugs, but haven't got around to getting them.

I mixed it again....maybe a little better?

Back
Top Bottom