XA2 FASLINK adapter

deleted

Inspired
Hello,

Who's using these?
What's your opinion? Do they operate at same speed as without using them?
I'm going to buy a XL+ but will use the old MFC MKI. But only if it has no negative impact when using it with an adapter.

Thanks for your comments!

Hello,

Who's using these?
What's your opinion? Do they operate at same speed as without using them?
I'm going to buy a XL+ but will use the old MFC MKI. But only if it has no negative impact when using it with an adapter.

Thanks for your comments!
I have been using the adapter that goes on the Axe FX 2 end for quite a while now (Axe 2 Mark I connected to MFC Mark III) and the speed is the same as a direct ethercon connection. I leave the adapter connected to my Axe 2 in my rack all the time, and the XLR cable is very convenient.

I use one with my older MFC and my XL+ unit. Blazingly fast. Much nicer to have XLR running across the floor than Ether-Con -- the cables are way more durable. I've saved the money in Ether-Con cables already, at least. Highly recommend it.

I use one with my older MFC and my XL+ unit. Blazingly fast. Much nicer to have XLR running across the floor than Ether-Con -- the cables are way more durable. I've saved the money in Ether-Con cables already, at least. Highly recommend it.
Same here. Used one until I updated to the Mk III MFC, and still have it and my Mk I as a spare. No speed issue at all.

Same here works great.
I stripped the FASLINK down to its pcb board and mounted it inside my MFC + XLR jack and hey presto, instant MFC mk III (almost).
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mfc-faslink-mod.89473/

Worth every penny for the ability to run XLR cable instead of ethercon or midi. No problems for me so far ('bout a year).

Great! Thanks for all the comments. :)

I have not tried using one, but is it a deal breaker to use the ethercon? Which the mk1 supports.

Not at all but I think XLR is more durable than Ethercon. Also it's easier to find a XLR cable somewhere if you need one. Anyway it's nice to have the Ethercon choice as well. :)

Back
Top Bottom