X8 4CM

JRob66

Hi I'm trying to use my AX8 with my JVM 210H however whenever I try to do it I just have a ridiculous amount of white noise there is also hum but that I can sort anyone have any suggestions how I can combat the white noise? Thanks.

Noise gate after amp block or/with Output 2 pad (be careful on clipping) . For Hum , Humbuster cable .
"The optional Boost/Pad function on Output 2 can be used to lower the noise floor. To find the right setting, adjust this to be as high as possible without clipping, as indicated by a red LED on the front panel meters. The volume won’t change but you should hear the AX8 s noise floor drop as you increase boost/pad."

Last edited:
Noise gate after amp block or/with Output 2 pad (be careful on clipping) . For Hum , Humbuster cable .
"The optional Boost/Pad function on Output 2 can be used to lower the noise floor. To find the right setting, adjust this to be as high as possible without clipping, as indicated by a red LED on the front panel meters. The volume won’t change but you should hear the AX8 s noise floor drop as you increase boost/pad."
Should of mentioned that I've already done that but it makes absolutely no difference whatsoever which is why I find it so confusing

My previous rig was 4cm with a jvm and a hd500x (processor) - of the 3 cables looping between the jvm and the processor, disconnect the grounds on 2 of them. The one ground I left connected was the processor effects out to the jvm guitar in. This eliminated all unwanted effects (also google comb filtering). On the old jvmforum.com , there were 2 full threads on this approach. My training is I'm a EE that does embedded firmware and hardware.

Oh yeah, the JVM effects loop has a problem in that pot that adjusts 100% wet does not actually make all the way to 100% wet. Many complaints on that. Turn your Channel Volumes (not Gains) down to 2, and use the preamp out/power amp in loop instead - it is by design 100% wet. Turning your Channel Volumes down has no effect on your tone, and you can turn your Master Volumes up uh LOUD!!! I ran it this way, and still used a power soak. Because the JVM can get LOUD!!! And I was using the 205.

I got rid of a JVM210h because of this problem. I was trying 4CM with an Axe-Fx II mK II, nothing solved the noise. Worked fine in all other applications, just not 4CM in either loop with that amp.

Funny thing is, I grabbed a 2014 DSL100H and had no issues. Sold that a couple years later and grabbef a 2018 EVH 5150iii 6L6 50 watt, no issues there either.

Using an FM3 these days.

Back
Top Bottom