X32 Owners - Beware Firmware 4.0

pauly

Fractal Fanatic
HI all,

As I once again load my Axe FX 3 firmware, with great confidence that it will work ok, and not molest my current configuration, I'm reminded of last night...

I saw that behringer had released V4.0 firmware for the X32, and it had a feature I'd been wanting. Read of the release notes reveals a few other things, but overall nothing out of the ordinary. No warnings or anything.

So - I have backups of the config from a little while ago - all good... Update the firmware.
Uh-oh - It's reset EVERYTHING to factory settings.
I have some complexities in the routing aimed at making a few sets of studio monitors and a huge sub balanced as I switch between them - All gone.
Restore from backup - channel naming etc all comes back but the matrix mixes and routing are all gone.

Thanks Behringer - a little cursory note in the release notes would have been nice. Think I'm spoilt by the care and professionalism of Cliff and his band of wizards.

Don't tell me to backup - I had backups. Having said that, I should have made notes of what's plugged into where and how the matrix mixes were set.

I know what I'm doing tonight.

Thanks
Pauly

For me IOS 13.2 kills the XAIR app I use for my XR18. App will launch and you can use the mixer section but as soon as you try to edit anything it crashes. Now I'm stuck having to use the app on my MacBook.

Aren't upgrades WONDERFUL! :)
I'm mr paranoid with this sort of stuff usually - Just a lapse in judgement.

Thanks
Pauly

For me IOS 13.2 kills the XAIR app I use for my XR18. App will launch and you can use the mixer section but as soon as you try to edit anything it crashes. Now I'm stuck having to use the app on my MacBook.

Thanks for the info. Guess it comes down to don't fix if it ain't broken. Have been running my X32 for many years now with no issues but no way I would recall what I did to the routing over time.

Well shit now I feel like a dumb ass. They came out with an update 2 days ago. Been stewing over it for a couple weeks. Posted a nasty rant on their app review, must have been the same day they updated it.

Headed to the fridge for some ranch dressing so I can eat my foot. AGAIN!

HI Christ

If you do a show backup, the routing will be in there somewhere (it creates a bunch of files including snippets etc) - I found an old show backup that sort of got me out of trouble. Of course the real challenges will be when theres a bunch of people here, and I cant get the channels/P16 mixes/etc etc etc right on the spot :) ...SOrt of looking forward to it haha.

thanks
Pauly

Thanks for the info. Guess it comes down to don't fix if it ain't broken. Have been running my X32 for many years now with no issues but no way I would recall what I did to the routing over time.

Back
Top Bottom