X/Y question

Can someone explain the x/y feature? Do I set up an IA on the MFC to be an x/y switch that swaps all effects from x to y, or can I individually swap each effect from x to y?

Each X/Y has an CC#, so they can be individually controlled. See page 172 of the Axe-FX manual for a list of all the default CC#'s. This list shows you what can be directly controlled from an IA switch.

Danny W.

If you wish to control more than one effect you can do that as well.

Let's say you want to set the switch to DELAY 1 and let's assume it is CC 123 (for example), if you also want Reverb 1 to switch you can set it's CC to also 123 and both will flip together. However, they will ALWAYS be linked, so to get around you need to copy the Y settings from X or use reverb 2 instead.

So, if I want a delay to be 1/4 on x and dotted 1/8 on y, what would be the steps? Do I just set up a xy delay on one IA and then press it to toggle?

Yes. Note that the green light indicates the X selection. Some users set the Y to be the default, to have consistent indications between IAs.

If you also want to be able to turn the delay on & off, you'll need a second IA.

Danny W.

Danny W.

to OP, i had the same question a while ago.
as you have pointed out, simply save the X delay settings to Y (by pressing the Y button down for a bit), changing the tempo from 1/4 to 1/8 dotted.
then assign an IA to control Delay X/Y in the I/O.

So, for example i set up an IA 7 for the Delay x/y, in preset 23 for example....if i would like to control for example amp x/y in preset 24 even in the IA7, is it possible?
Thank you, Cello

Back
Top Bottom